BillBelew.com
HumorInspirationIntroduction

What's on Your Agenda for the Holidays?1497

Belew private msg quote post Address this user
One of the best parts of my nearly 20 years in Japan was not having to deal with the commercialization of Christmas. Of course Japan made up for this elsewhere but that is a different story.

I put up Christmas lights today. Ugh. But it brings happiness to my little one. We don't travel during the holidays...but I cook and we invite friends over...and more or less just stay nearby. My wife gets no time off.

This time of the year brings no reprieve. Just business as usual.

How about you and your faith, traditions? How do you celebrate the holiday season?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
tienny private msg quote post Address this user
Normally, I spend my holiday with my family members and friends. I don't celebrate because it's not Jesus' birthday.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
Family and celebrating two grandchildren's first Christmas. We are travelling this year but normally it's up here in the wide open spaces.

We don't get caught up with presents; just good food and laughter.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
Christmas now that's a dilemma

Now the new lady in my life has invited me to spend time with her and her family ... which here in WA means a great brunch of seafood and food, a swim... and lots and lots of drinks... I think everyone will be staying that night.

or

A good friend of mine has also invited me to spend Christmas with him and his family ... again nice food, good company and a few drinks ... alright lots but its just around the corner and an easy walk.

Why do I have two invites ... ? now that's a good question.

Oh and don't adults celebrate new year rather than Christmas... new year here is an evening on the foreshore, drinking lots and watching the fireworks with friends and family.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@Steve

It seems to me that if you drink enough it won'tat tee where you are.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@Steve

Advice from a twice married man, if I may... go with the lady and visit her family. Your friend will be there for another day.

This is not only the right thing to do, it is the safest!
Post 6 • IP   flag post
shahin private msg quote post Address this user
Good advice to go with the lady
I love Christmas time, the traditional Christmas music and being with family and friends. I especially love seeing the faces of children who are really excited about what Santa brought them. I will be volunteering tomorrow for a children's cause and can't wait to see their happy faces for a party just for them.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@Steve

Trilemma ... buy a ticket, come see me... and lets formulate a plan for 2016.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
shahin private msg quote post Address this user
I definitely need to formulate a plan for 2016 to get employed or figure out how to earn income on my own. The healthcare cost alone will kill me.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
27551 9 9
destitute