BillBelew.com
Business AdviceCareer AdviceContent MarketingMotivationSocial Media

What are Your Top Lessons Learned in 2015?1512

jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
This has been a very cool year of connecting with #indiecreative entrepreneurs for me.

I've not only enjoyed hearing and sharing their stories, but I've learned a lot on this journey.

What are some of the things you've learned this year that you'd like to share?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
cpeters25984 private msg quote post Address this user
I have been in school all this year, so I have learned a lot, I have one more year to go and will have my Bachelor's in Information technology Network Administrations been a challenging year no doubt But I have managed to keep my GPA together and complete my classes. I am attending online school and I really like it, not quitting after I get my degree. planning to continue and get my Masters only wish I had done this when I was a lot younger. Im old now, feel like this is going to give me trouble trying to find employment.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
@cpeters25984 - believe me, it's easy to fall into that trap of "too old.."

Here's an article by James Altucher you might appreciate.. I highly recommend Choose Yourself.

One of the many lessons I learned in aikido is that getting a black belt doesn't mean you know everything - it's actually the start of your REAL learning!
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@cpeters25984

And just how old is too old?

If you are beyond the hiring age then take a serious look at creating your own job -- a business of your own. From what you have learned and, more importantly, what you know, you should be able to craft something of value that others will be willing to pay for.

What did you do before? What else have you learned? How can it all come together as part of the mix?
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@cpeters25984 what @Rev said.

If it were only abt age ... then count me out, or, in, or confused.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@cpeters25984 - we should've warned you.

If you're looking for the "too old" crowd, then this is the wrong place!

I believe the average age here is skewed to the right side of the bell curve..

..and the number of "do-ers" vs. talkers is equally skewed outside the "normal" or at least average!
Post 6 • IP   flag post
morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
@jycmba, of course this group is skewed to the right side.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
We are approaching seven and a half billion people in the world and half of them are below average. What will you do in 2016 to help improve that statistic?
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@Rev

The best I might do is to help raise the bar on what is average.

There will never be more than 50% over/under average. 8-)

All seriousness aside... I plan to add more depth to the stuff I put online next year. More case studies, more eBooks.

How about you @Rev?
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@Belew,

I have a busy year planned with some significant goals. My plan is to significantly expand engagement, first with a re-focus of my activities on Blab. I'll be live-streaming regularly Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, at 1:00 p.m. EST.

Next will be a new offering in my NOBOXATALL Prescription for Success program. This has been an exciting path for a number of solopreneurs already, and the new program expands it.

It's been under development for a while now and this year is "it" for my Wiz's WP Website Boot Camp which will launch shortly. Anyone looking for a new website - or to impove the one they have - will find this a powerful resource.

Additionally, I'll be offering my Leadership Mastermind Group to a select number of people. This will bring together a small group of key players to share with, and support, each other.

To round things out my Strategic Planning & Implementation business workshop will roll out later this year offering the information and guidance so many solopreneurs are looking for.

I currently have a couple of books in their last stages and several more I want to tackle, and I'm redeveloping several of my own websites in support of these plans.

That should keep me through January, at least.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
@Rev

Wow! Very ambitious indeed.

By all means, please share here when/where launched and how to get involved.

There is no question about your experience, knowledge, authority and willingness to share generously and fairly.

I'll list up my goals for the new year in the next few days as well.

I love this time of the year. Arbitrary to be sure. But there's something about that new number that goes with a new year that motivates me. Looking back... looking forward.

Do you have a plan to measure your progress?
Post 11 • IP   flag post
morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
Improve the average? Well I moved from Minnesota to California and made two states smarter. When is the next flight to Mars?
Post 12 • IP   flag post
@morrnel

Women are from Mars. You'll have to go to Venus.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
@Belew

No wonder it hasn't been working so well for you...
Post 14 • IP   flag post
@Rev has shared his big ideas for 2016.

What's your big idea/s for this year?
Post 15 • IP   flag post
We launched a VIP class in Sep of last year.

We are launching another class the end of this month. Several hard-working people are going to have a great Christmas in 2016.
Post 16 • IP   flag post
lunar_ranger private msg quote post Address this user
Sometimes silence is better than a cleverly formed response.
Post 17 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user

Post 18 • IP   flag post
@Rev

How's the new year starting out for you?
Post 19 • IP   flag post
@Belew

It's too soon to be statistically relevant, but if initial numbers hold it will be my best year ever, both financially and personally.
Post 20 • IP   flag post
@Rev

I know it's too early to measure ... I am glad to know you were able to get off to a good start.

Do keep me/us posted if you will. I am interested and want you to see your goals accomplished. You've been a great asset here in the forum and I hope others recognize that.
Post 21 • IP   flag post
@Belew

I appreciate your kind words. Part of the reason I haven't been here as often as I would like is I have been quite busy going into the new year.

My individual mentoring positions and my group business development sessions are filling up rapidly. That's a good sign but I want to be sure that I can deliver quality material to each person involved.
Post 22 • IP   flag post
@Rev

I figured as much.

If I can be a recommendation to would be mentee of your selflessness, willingness and depth of quality...don't hesitate to have anyone reach out to me.
Post 23 • IP   flag post
Thanks, @Belew. That is sincerely appreciated.
Post 24 • IP   flag post
I know what I didn't learn in 2015. I still haven't learned to act my age.

Does that count?
Post 25 • IP   flag post
25013 25 25
destitute