BillBelew.com
Business AdviceProductivity

Best Christmas Presents for Marketers1520

Belew private msg quote post Address this user
Mr., Mrs. Or Miss Marketer.

What do you want for Christmas?

What do you want that could make you better at your job?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
I want a 7" tablet sized phone.

Big enough to work on and small enough to use as a phone = fit in my pocket.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
All I want for Christmas is a few days away from the computer... doing nothing whatsoever to do with work, technology or the Internet ... I think it's time to hit those beaches of Perth.

Post 3 • IP   flag post
SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
Hmmmm ... more time would be good.

I have a Samsung Note 4 @Belew It's great.

Watch out for white pointers @Steve
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@SusanDay

I have a Samsung Note 4 as well.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
lunar_ranger private msg quote post Address this user
Support, resources (people + money), experienced direction and leadership, and a team of smart, hardworking, and creative people and 3 days at whatever beach @Steve posted
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@lunar_ranger

And if you had all those things, what would you build with them?
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@lunar_ranger If you spent three days on that beach with me, you would have all the help I could give you ... so you'd have experienced direction, a little leadership advice and anything else I could give ...

Oh and that's just one of many beaches here ... that's Cottlesloe beach ...
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@Steve @lunar_ranger

Can I come too?
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@Belew Now wouldn't that just make Christmas
Post 10 • IP   flag post
lunar_ranger private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew if I had all those things I mentioned there would be more purpose in my work here and that the outcomes and responsibility would be better shared. Plus- I like to have my ideas challenged and shaped not just shot down without good reason, or feeling like I have to explain and sell everything I am doing. There is a huge knowledge gap on one end and I personally struggle with simplifying and defining certain concepts with no shared understanding. Collaboration with professionally and experientially aligned peers = GREAT IDEAS and execution!

Sounds great @Steve! Might even be worth a 20hr flight, 2 weeks, and a packed suitcase. Who knows- you might catch me there in 2017. It would be fantastic to be able to work, live (and bring my family) anywhere with a solid internet connection. Sometimes I wonder if Tina would embrace that lifestyle. I think as time moves on the less a person is willing to move away from security and take on the next great adventure. I am more of a free spirit than her- but she is the string on the kite and is one of the most grounded and rational people I know.

The Aussie west coast looks fantastic! I wonder why we only see the Sydney Opera House and Ayers Rock here in the States... with so much more to see!
Post 11 • IP   flag post
morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
Gosh, that beach in Perth would be wonderful. Would some of those ideas spinning in my head want to spin counterclockwise and collide?

I remember a guy in China using a Galaxy 7 tablet as a phone. Looked kind of funny with a tablet on the side of his face.

Merry Christmas everyone.
Post 12 • IP   flag post

Post 13 • IP   flag post
I reckon I need to go to Santa Cruz or Monterrey or Half Moon Bay to get some videos to show off our beaches.
Post 14 • IP   flag post
26912 14 14
destitute