BillBelew.com
Business AdviceEmail Marketing

What's the Best Way to Make $ w/ Email List?1539

Belew private msg quote post Address this user
No nonsense, plz.

With 5-10K real emails, it costs $700-800/year to keep on an email client.

Plus a couple of hours of week of thinking, planning, executing and following up. We'll call that 50 x 2 hrs = 100 hrs.

On the low end, that's $2k a year. High end - $10K/year.

What's the best way to make $5K and more off of a 5,000 real email list?

Got ideas?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
The more I read the more I think nobody really knows...or at least they aren't saying....or the results don't show up in search.

I can learn how to write good titles, how to care about my readers, how to find a good pace to send and other such tips...but nobody knows or is saying how to make money at it.

You have to get action on several levels...

1. get people to open up the email
2. get people to read the email
3. get people to act (click thru) on the email to destination
now that the readers are where you want them ..

4. get your visitor to find the Call-to-action
5. get the visitor to click on that action
6. get your would-be buyer to navigate thru and deliver on the purchase.

6 steps. And this is the best method?

Plz, somebody convince me.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
tienny private msg quote post Address this user
I wonder.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
LizG private msg quote post Address this user
Email deliver-ability is the biggest issue it seems, especially if you're using really popular email software like Constant Contact or Mail Chimp thanks to IP blacklisting. Then you have to contend with Gmail and not showing up in the inbox, but instead going to the promotions tab.

I personally am really liking Klavijo for eCommerce and Hatchbuck for B2B. Don't have to worry about spam rate, email segmentation is much easier. And, it actually seems to get to the users inbox and return decent open rates. Also, the real trick to making money with email is to automate most of it. People show an interest on your site, they receive an automated series specifically for that interest. Hatchbuck does a really good job of that, kind of like Hubspot light.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@LizG

This is great advice.

But when I do get my email opened...then what? What is it I want them to do/buy?
Post 5 • IP   flag post
LizG private msg quote post Address this user
Preferably a course or product or something that has monetary value, but a lot of people use email for qualifying leads rather than selling something directly.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
lunar_ranger private msg quote post Address this user
Targeted selection, and lead nurturing through carefully designed and deployed e-mail drip campaigns... and doing something nice for the other person too.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
26903 7 7
destitute