BillBelew.com
Belew SpeaksContent CreationHumor

Content that is too long abandoned1558

Belew private msg quote post Address this user
I like to write. To get read.

Words are good.

More words are better. Right? Wrong.

The number one reason why millennials abandon content is because it is too long.

I am old enough to be 2 millennials. I abandon content too when it goes on and on and on and on and on and on and ...
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
Just as you publish different types of content, should you not publish content of different lengths ... so as to appeal to all of your audience ...
Post 2 • IP   flag post
MsRoRo private msg quote post Address this user
Great Question @steve. I would think that most would read an informative post no matter the length. But, I def like the variety thought you had.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
@Steve

Content should be just long enough and not longer.

Much like Einstein said,"Everything should be made as simple as possible. But not simpler."
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
Content should be just long enough and not longer.

Could not agree more... but sometimes this means content is longer than you perhaps want it to be ...
Post 5 • IP   flag post
No one should ever give an 800-word answer to a 200-word question. Or a 200-word answer to an 800-word question.

Today I found myself reading about the history of visual content support of text before I was given the 5 best options. When all I wanted was the options.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
After that I had to read thru the history of a sports teams move between cities before I could read abt their recent decision to relocate.

Both were clear efforts to lengthen a piece rather than just give the information promised in the title.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
MsRoRo private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew now that was a great point. Posts should be about " Getting to the Point " minus the Mumbo Jumbo.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
I was looking at an Infographic yesterday.

And honest to goodness... I counted. ..23 times I had to scroll down to see the whole thing.

Too much is too much.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
Have you ever noticed legs. I'll bet you have at least once. The interesting thing about legs is no matter how tall, or short, a person is their legs are always just long enough to reach the ground.

Keep that in mind when writing.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
@Rev

So, should we write until we find our legs?
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Old Navy term I believe. Find you sea legs...then find your land legs after being out to sea for a long time.

Been there, done both a LOT of times.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
lunar_ranger private msg quote post Address this user
I guess it would be logical to serialize some content... Treat them to a 10 course meal instead of a Thanksgiving feast.

If it's dry (not all content is supposed to be exciting)or if its technical, personally I would rather have installments and a reason to want to continue.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
24991 13 13
destitute