BillBelew.com
BloggingBrainstormingVideo Production

Thoughts into Actions1569

tienny private msg quote post Address this user
May I have everyone's opinion on my animated video? What do you think of this?

Is this a good idea to be included into the portfolio?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Jonnner private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @tienny

I share your interest in adding video to my website. I commend you for getting started.

It would be easier to comment if I could see your video in context on your website. Just watching the video I gather that you have 4 segments. Initiating viewing of each segment was not straightforward. You might consider making that more automatic.

The visual effects of the ripples and bubbles and the colors are pleasing.

I do not understand the message that you want me to receive or the action that you want me to take after viewing.

I do not understand the language used so I do not know whether that is essential information or distraction. If understanding the spoken language is relevant then it might not seem to be overly long.

Congratulations for starting your video journey. I will be a few months behind you.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
It went by so fast I missed it.

I never saw the word thought.

There should be a beginning middle and end.

This video gave us a glimpse of something going on in the middle and I don't know the context.

Congrats on putting yourself out there. Keep trying by all means.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Thanks @belew.

@jonnner How do you want me to add video to your website? My post for the video is at http://tienny.com/thoughts-into-actions/.

Does the writing in the website give you all a better meaning?
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Jonnner private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @Tienny

Thanks! But I do not expect you to add video to my website. I meant that ... I share your interest in adding video to a website.

Thanks for sending the link to your blog post. I then looked at your website; at your blog post; at your CV and at your LinkedIn profile.

I am impressed by the extensive education you have in various aspects of media!

Your post is very interesting! Good work! I will respond in a private message.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
This thread inspired my latest #My500Words post on Medium - about the space between thought and action being where Anything is Possible..
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@Jonner Thank you for your kind compliment. I'm still learning.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@tienny

I am not sure where you are going to use this. I see it as the lead-in, perhaps, on a series of video tutorials on related subjects.

However, one thing I would suggest is to get off of YouTube with your videos. Or get a player that will let you filter the menu of third-party videos at the end of the playback.

If the service is available to you, have a look at Amazon S3 -- it is amazingly inexpensive and for the small test videos you will be working with at the beginning you will come in under their bottom tier which is free.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@Rev Yes, I use it as the lead-in on a series of animated video related to thoughts and actions. Do you mean the third party videos is disrupting?
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@tienny

Yes, the menu of third-party videos at the end is distracting and it leads people to leave your site to see what else is on Youtube.

While Youtube makes it easy for your to host videos that also make it easy for viewers to abandon you and go to them... that's there purpose.

You should take control of your own video presentation and keep your viewers engaged with your content -- not someone else's.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
@Rev Thanks for your explanation.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
27479 11 11
destitute