BillBelew.com
BloggingHumor

Blogging Success for Real Estate Agents1572

Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@slaqjaw sent me a link to an article about how real estate agents can make good use of blogging.

I have had not a few real estate agents come to me and ask me if I can help.

Of course, they want to pay me after their next sale. Good luck with that approach. <sigh>

If they listened and applied the right strategy perhaps that next sale would come much sooner.

Don't tell me you want to pay me AFTER you make money. It doesn't work that way.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew I met my friend of mine Andy Kaufman at a social media conference before most folks had heard of Twitter or YouTube. He talked about how he was getting leads by blogging about real estate. Soon after that he was just selling leads and mentoring agents.

On the East Bay Ira and Carol Serkes were the first ones to go all in on blogging for Berkeley real estate. They still get page one results but, lo and behold, a lot of the 800 lb gorillas realized how profitable that market is and even ziprealty is paying now to get at the top.

Having worked briefly in "retail real estate," I know that these folks are typically living from deal to deal, or commission check to check.. so there's a bit of the chicken & egg dilemma - if they invested in marketing, they'd have the money.. but if they had the money, they'd invest..
Post 2 • IP   flag post
SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
You can't expect someone to work for free. They should be budgeting out of their income to pay for future marketing. I'm sure other businesses they use don't have to wait to be paid.

When I ran a big dog training centre people would say they would like to try it before paying the $10 weekly fee.

I suggested they nip down to the supermarket and ask if they can try a few slices of bread out of the loaf to see if they "liked" it.

The supermarket would love you to do that! 😨
Post 3 • IP   flag post
@SusanDay

Love it! Nip down to the ... you guys sure talk funny. 8-)
Post 4 • IP   flag post
SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
Love you heaps (another Aussie favorite or is it favourite -ahh!)
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@SusanDay

We say that here, "Love you heaps."
Post 6 • IP   flag post
jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
@SusanDay - right now I'm listening to the audiobook for Furiously Happy where a tourist board paid her to travel to Australia.

If you read (or listen to) some of her work, you'll also wonder how that happened.

The only other outsider perspective nearly as funny was Bill Bryson's book.

Post 7 • IP   flag post
25991 7 7
destitute