BillBelew.com
AnalyticsBusiness AdviceContent MarketingSEO Advice

Any recommends for intranet searchability?1578

rcayeras private msg quote post Address this user
The current client wants better searchability on the intranet - the "online help" is integrated with the EDA-related software product and its html help and PDF (PDF seems to be secondary). They used an application that stopped production 2004 (I don't remember the name - hidig?)

Any suggestions of what to look for, 3rd party applications or ????
Post 1 • IP   flag post
ozairakhtar private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry! I can't help you as I am just a Digital Marketing expert

@rcayeras
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Thanks for looking !
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@rcayeras

There will be too many variables here for any off-the-cuff answer to hold much validity but you might consider looking at a suitable CMS (Drupal, Joomla, WordPress) and migrating the help knowledge base to that structure. The database search will be faster and more reliable and the effort to migrate the existing content will likely be less than the effort to produce and manage a workable solution for the current state of that content, and allow for more flexibility going forward.

Just my 2¢.

Well, it's actually about $25,000.00 worth, but hey...
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@Rev Sorry for my late response - I ended up out of town with truly unreliable internet access.

Thanks for the input.

The in-house request has expanded to wanting to use DITA (which requires CMS) - which is severe overkill for single sourcing content and anything else. I don't think they have any idea what single sourcing is.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
26098 5 5
destitute