BillBelew.com
Content MarketingLinkedInProductivity

How to Create the Herd Mentality on LinkedIn1589

Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
I guess had I thought about it long and hard enough it might have come to me. But then again, the idea probably would not have.

I have never had a mindset that took me to the place where I mulled over how to buy more traffic.

I was reading an article this morning by a very well-respected content marketer. Big wig type. He shows up on lists, too ... usually near the top.

He shared a strategy on how to rank in LinkedIn pulse and get 10s of thousands or more views.

1. Write something really good.
2. Tell the LinkedIn pulse editors on Twitter that you wrote something really good and hope they notice.
3. Buy traffic from Facebook and Twitter to boost, um, push eyeballs to your post. Keep paying until your article on LinkedIn gets legs ... then watch it take off.

It's called the herd mentality. If everyone is reading something, then it must be worth reading.

It's also called, who ever has the most money wins.

Have you ever paid someone to come look at your content?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member lunar_ranger private msg quote post Address this user
Whats the long term value of content that you have to pay for people to see? I know that sometimes this is the name of the game in the pay-to-play model they're pushing us towards and that sometimes a short term payoff is all that is needed. This kind of spits in the face of the "democratization of information" whatver that really is.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Whoever has the most money can at least appear to be winning....at least for a while.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Member tienny private msg quote post Address this user
@belew You have a point.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Member ozairakhtar private msg quote post Address this user
@lunar_ranger @belew

Bill has a clear point. Lunar my friend, if you know the importance of SEO and even of the Content Marketing than you might never ever said this. By creating good quality content and then pushing it to the relevant audience really makes a big difference.

You will not only going to gain your niche readers but also some customers as well. And even you will gain some upthrust in your SEO-Keyword strategy as well.

Hopefully, all of the comment readers have took it positively and this information have benefited them.

Thanks & do let me know if someone needs my help
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Member lunar_ranger private msg quote post Address this user
@ozairakhtar There was and is no disagreement between Bill and I. By profession I am a content marketer and SEO and I believe you may have misunderstood me- as we are in agreement with one another as well. Even though you need to target and communicate with the right auduence, content needs to be a pull medium, meaning it needs to be good and stand on its own merit. Paid content placement, PPC and Display strategies, as push strategies, while beneficial for the short term cannot cover the sins of ill conceived, terrible content.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@lunar_ranger You made my day! Lets get connected.

You can see them in my Profile here: Linkedin - Google+ - Twitter

Regards
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@ozairakhtar

Those links can/should be added to your profile ... not here. 8-)
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@Belew OK. I am sorry!
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Truth is, if you spend enough money, sooner or later you can/might make it back.

Most people don't get in deep enough or commit long enough to see a return on their investment.

Have you ever paid for visibility?
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Is it necessary to pay for visibility?
Post 11 • IP   flag post
@tienny

It is not necessary. But you can pay if you like and if it is worth it to you.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
@belew Isn't blogging and apply SEO enough?
Post 13 • IP   flag post
You don't have to pay.

It depends on your goals.
Post 14 • IP   flag post
29622 14 14
destitute