BillBelew.com
BrainstormingContent MarketingMotivationSocial MediaTwitter

5 Twitter tips for better content marketing1590

senkoduras private msg quote post Address this user
Twitter is a great platform, but are you using it in full potential? I started using it recently (yeah, I know, I live in the Stone Age ) and got impressed shortly. Everything is easier in content marketing with Twitter - from getting an idea, following trends, reaching target audience and increasing visibility.

More details about my impressions in the full post here: http://diversisdigital.com/5-twitter-life-hacks-for-content-marketers-you-shouldnt-ignore/
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@senkoduras

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for jumping right in.

I don't mind users plugging their own sites or asking others to take a look.

But this is obviously, and not a very good attempt, at asking us to come to your site without giving us any good reason.

You like Twitter. So?

You have started using Twitter. So? We have one of the top Twitter content marketers in the world here.

Please try again.

Please tell us what is good about Twitter. Tell us something we don't know, so much so, that we might become intrigued enough to ask, "What else does this guy know?" And then go take a look.

As it is, you seem to be just fishing for a link and some visits.

Please try again.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Hey!

Thanks for your response, @Belew. Sorry if posting a link like that is not according to forum's rules.

I am in constant search for new digital marketing resources and today I found this forum. Instead of generic introductory post, I decided to share my last piece of content, which I thought would be more of use to community here than just saying "hi", even it's just about Twitter.

I am absolutely sure there are better Twitter marketers everywhere around me, including this forum, but I never thought of this as a reason why someone shouldn't share their personal experience with any platform. After all, the post is not about me using Twitter (like you mentioned), it's about how Twitter can be used in ways that are probably not main focus of any social platform (in this case as self-motivational tool, idea generator, for testing ideas, etc.).

My intention was not to leave click bait - I described in few sentences what the post is about so no one who is not interested in this topic doesn't have to follow the link in order to find out what is the topic. I just didn't want to copy/paste the whole article.

Anyway, sorry for being "rude", I will gladly remove the post in order to respect the rules.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
@senkoduras

I didn't think you were being rude. (Which is why I didn't delete the thread myself).

I am glad to have you hear.

We welcome different opinions, sharing different experiences.

Here's a link to a Webinar on How to Get Real Engagement on Twitter that one of the members, @Steve did here. I recommend you take a look. You will nail Twitter by following his advice.

Welcome.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Interesting approach. So, it's not okay when someone shares information here, but it's okay if you do it.

Thanks for the links, I'll check them out.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@senkoduras

It is okay to share links. I said that above. 8-)

The link I shared is to another forum thread.

Oh, and I own the forum. It's my goal for the forum to be open and a good place to share information ... here or elsewhere.

Here's another forum link - Why I created the forum.

Glad to have you here.

Here'a link - Welcome Croatia! 56th Country in the Forum. That's you!
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Jonnner private msg quote post Address this user
@senkoduras

Welcome.

I like the graphics on your home page.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@Belew, I'm glad I joined. Looking forward to new discussions and to meeting interesting people. Oh, and I'm happy I opened this community for Croatia. It's a great idea to build community by 'coloring the map' and counting countries members here come from.

@Jonnner Thanks a lot!
Post 8 • IP   flag post
chrisleffler private msg quote post Address this user
@Senkoduras

Hey, Senko Duras,

I am new to this forum and was looking around to find like minded folks who also love Twitter. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. It was only recently that I started understanding why Twitter is so great so I really enjoyed your post! In fact, I tweeted a link to it (@christineinPA, @NOVAProMatchSV and @YogaOnABike)

I look forward to reading more about your thoughts on Twitter.

Peace, Brown Rice and Twitter,

Christine
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
@chrisleffler do you have any tips as to what to post on Twitter? Tks
Post 10 • IP   flag post
yes, many tips

Easiest tip: 80% of what I tweet is "curated" or retweeted information.

1. I use Buffer to schedule Tweets (you can get a free copy)

Then I use their "RSS feeds" feature to find interesting content

Many advantages to buffer included URL shortening, can post to more than one account at a time... etc. Much easier to use than Hootsuite.

Or I retweet good posts from people I follow.

2. I create LISTS of different categories of followers. I follow Forbe's "Social Media Influencers" for example. I can look at just their tweets and choose what to retweet.

3. 20% or less of what I tweet is original content

4. If you blog, use Twitter to point folks at your blog posts

5. Use trending #Hashtags
Post 11 • IP   flag post
@chrisleffler

How much time do you spend daily/weekly on Twitter?

What is your end game/main purpose for using Twitter?

Engagement? Branding?

Do you try to redirect your followers to a website to do business or do you try to conduct business on Twitter?
Post 12 • IP   flag post
How much time do you spend daily/weekly on Twitter?
5-10 Hours depending on various factors
Primarily I LEARN BY DOING

What is your end game/main purpose for using Twitter?
Currently: learn Twitter in depth (hands on, best way IMHO, I also read lots of articles) so I can:
1 Teach a workshop "Social Media Tactics for Job Hunters"
2 Gain a reputation for Social Media expertise and get a marketing job using social media

Engagement?
1. Increase followers organically
2. Increase # of Favorites and Retweets (Shows Engagement)
3. LaBron James Retweeted me last night!

Branding?
Twitter Pro
Twitter Trainer
Twitter Marketer

Do you try to redirect your followers to a website to do business or do you try to conduct business on Twitter?
Not yet but looking at building a Word Press site SOON. You are partially my inspiration

Possible become a social media consultant? (While Job Search drags on)

16 minutes ago
Post 13 • IP   flag post
@chrisleffler

Thanks for the comprehensive answer.

FWIW ... I have planned a 3-part series at my MUs ... happening in July ... details are still being worked out.

1. Launching and populating a website
2. Increasing followers and engagement on Twitter
3. Growing a local niche tribe around your expertise.

Perhaps you'll be interested in attending?
Post 14 • IP   flag post
26797 14 14
destitute