BillBelew.com
Twitter

How Twitter Followers Become Forum Users1613

Belew private msg quote post Address this user
I was asked to write up the process I use that leads to some of my Twitter followers becoming active forum users.

It's a big long. Sometimes it takes a lot of words, even for me, to get a thought across. Who'd a thunk after all my ramblings in this thread about posts being too long. (It's still under 800 words)

Here's a link to a guest post I wrote - How I Convert Twitter Followers Into Active Forum Users. <= click!

I welcome you to take a look.

Click =>Call Me: for 20 mins FREE 1-on-1 with Bill Belew
Post 1 • IP   flag post
mikew private msg quote post Address this user
Bill thanks for the amazing insight and clear, concise explanation!

I was thinking it might be more lucrative to do the same thing on Instagram because more people use Instagram more often but it seems like fewer DMs are sent on that platform (which would make it more likely that your DM is actually read).
Post 2 • IP   flag post
@mikew

IG is tougher to grow.

You can grow by 100s on Twitter per day. You can only grow by 10s on IG, if that. Instagram is more deliberate. And not as many of them will leave the site. The profile at Instagram is not as robust and the DM function not as effective.

I have started growing my Instagram following. But there is still quite a ways to go.

Thanks for reading!
Post 3 • IP   flag post
100K Twitter impressions in 24 hours

Post 4 • IP   flag post
mikew private msg quote post Address this user
Nice work @Belew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belew
IG is tougher to grow.

You can grow by 100s on Twitter per day. You can only grow by 10s on IG, if that. Instagram is more deliberate. And not as many of them will leave the site. The profile at Instagram is not as robust and the DM function not as effective.

You're right - harder to both grow viewership and "nudge" people on IG but since IG seems to be growing faster and is more "sticky" than Twitter it seems like there are some advantages to focusing on IG. Of course, it depends on your subject/topic...

Another thought: what about best practices for reaching out to existing users (either on Twitter or IG) via direct message? That seems like an effective way to engage with people who've already shown interest in what you have to say.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@mikew

DMs are the way to go.

Nothing beats a real relationship with real people and real exchanges about things that really matter.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
Let's share I'm using DM's to grow my FaceBook likes on my company page ... it's growing by 60 plus now per week, and generating around two click through s to the contact page on my website.

Early days still ... and thanks for the mention @Belew ... you're a star
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@Steve

I can see the future.

@Steve says, "Shut up, Belew and let me show you how to get good traffic from Facebook."

Looking forward to eating my words.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
There's a new way for Twitter users to become forum users.

This was hard to do ... not for me, but for the guy I hired to do it. I am lousy at doing things... but I do have ideas.

We are now able to recycle old forum threads and auto tweet them to my Twitter account.

How cool is that?

I took @Steve's idea and we built it out for a forum. Lessee how it works.

More to come.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@Belew that is pretty cool ... will be interesting to see how it works out ... here is some Twitter news ... this month is the first month in the history of Twitter that their user base has not increased.... lets hope that was a blip as I believe everyone should use Twitter.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Still not as big a fan as @Steve I can see the usefulness of Twitter.

Even so Twitter has some maturity issues thst if worked out can make it an even better platform. ... or not.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Oh and my aim with my content is simple ... wherever my audience is, I want to be there ... as Facebook is the largest social media platform I have to be there, hence my current growth strategy ... Twitter... well, everyone should be there as its the easiest to automate... and LinkedIn because that's where business people hang out ...

These are the places I am now active with social media ...

What theory do you have when you select your SM platforms?
Post 12 • IP   flag post
Theory: I have a presence on LinkedIn and Facebook because for whatever reason that's where some people reach out to me.

I also have a presence on WeChat - been hired from that platform.

This forum is a preferred medium of mine to be social.

Meetup is important to me so people can find me in a physical location at designated times.

My personal website is where I prefer people read up on me in detail.

And Twitter has become a way to stay in front of people as well ... Tweebs have reached back. That's a pleasant surprise.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
DrAA private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew, Looks like it takes all the daytime to jump form personal website to Meetup, Wechat, LinkedIn, FB, etc. Are you hiring peoples for that work or you prefer to answer to everybody personally?
Post 14 • IP   flag post
@DrAA

I have an admin who takes care of some of it.
I have other parts on automation.

I outsource everything I can.

I do only what nobody else can.

How about you?

What is your day to day like?
Post 15 • IP   flag post
@Belew - Sorry for delayed answer,

As you know - I am not concentrated to have many followers.
I want true ones. If I feel - they are - I prefer to answer personally, without using template. Know - it's good just for limited audience. Like mine is.

At the other hand - if I am a follower - it's visible.
If I have impression my following can reduce amount of other followers - I do observe situation for a while. If I still feel - I am not there where I should be - I'm leaving this place.

I live easy and like when others lives easy
Post 16 • IP   flag post
@DrAA

There are 3 schools.

1. As you do ... one by one ... gain followers.
2. Go for a large group ... try to gain followers above the noise.
3. Mix the two.

If there were one absolute right way, everybody would be doing that.

How's your plan working for you?
Post 17 • IP   flag post
@Belew, my plan helps me a lot: I am introvert so can really cope just with limited audience. Which should be strong enough to go to the deep conversations. As usually - there can be 2 - 4 friends including myself. Sometimes - just one. Sometimes - nobody. I do not have fear of that. That's the life.
Post 18 • IP   flag post
@DrAA

I suppose I have never had enough confidence in my focus.

It's a better strategy to stay focused.

But when you don't have confidence, you try to go after everything, everyone and hope you get something.

You are wise to stay focused.
Post 19 • IP   flag post
@Belew - Thank you for that!

(sometimes I think this my focusing to one thing/person could be scary. But I am spoiled enough to have nearby peoples who aren't afraid )

Rest of my old buddies knows about my behaviour, so they are very silent and patient if they feel I went somewhere under surface )
Post 20 • IP   flag post
@DrAA

They key to being able to stay focus is to be able to pay the bills while you build your presence in your niche.

As long as you can pay the bills, you can focus.

It's when there is not enough money to go around that people get desperate and go wide. It should be the other way around.

Keep up the good work!
Post 21 • IP   flag post
@Belew - thanks again, I will keep up.
About bills - when I need to pay bills - I am concentrated to my work, not a web.
If web would be my work - I would concentrate there where is response I could accept easy.
If response is not right for me - doesn't matter what - I will chose less but for sure. That's my philosophy. My risk level is very low.
Post 22 • IP   flag post
chrisleffler private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve
Let's share I'm using DM's to grow my FaceBook likes on my company page ...

Steve, please clarify, are those Twitter Direct Messages?
Thanks,
Christine
Post 23 • IP   flag post
@chrisleffler

DMs sent via Twitter to invite ppl to find him on FB also, methinks.

You'll want to pay attention to @Steve. He *knows* Twitter.
Post 24 • IP   flag post
24993 24 24
destitute