BillBelew.com
Motivation

Character harder to learn than know how1629

Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
How to do something is not nearly as hard to learn as is developing the character needed to do that something.

I sat with a woman today and taught her something basic. "Now we need to do this everyday."

"What? I have to keep doing it?!"

Click =>Call Me: for 20 mins FREE 1-on-1 with Bill Belew
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member tienny private msg quote post Address this user
I would be more than happy to keep doing it everyday. Wish to have someone besides me who understands me and create the routine
Post 2 • IP   flag post
I was teaching a few people this week how to get online, write, make money and such.

Maybe I over simplify things or maybe it's just not that hard.

What I felt yet again is that the hard part behind working online is not the doing but then developing of and forming the character that is needed to succeed.

What characteristics do you think are most essential for the online entrepreneur?
Post 3 • IP   flag post
I feel that focus and discipline are the most essential characteristics for online entrepreneur.

The problem I go through is I get distracted to people and the online courses. My parents don't understand me even though they press on that they understand me. Instead of understanding me, I tend to care them too much.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@belew

Bill, perhaps you don't realize what a unique place you are in and that not everyone you try to teach shares that place. Doing the thing may be easy. Even wanting to do it may be easy. But often the why, the real purpose, for doing it -- or anything else -- is not so easy; either to do, or even to describe.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@Rev

Those of us who have been a round for a while, and some much longer than others, tend to have a different perspective.

In our area there are more 'coaches' of all ilk than there are preachers/pastors. Everybody wants/needs to help them with life matters as much as if not more than work matters.

Thanks for weighing in.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew

But aren't "life matters" why work matters?
Post 7 • IP   flag post
What I tried to say, though not well, is people need coaching on character when they think they need business coaching.

I still don't think I am being clear. Maybe I need coaching on writing. 8-(
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@belew Not just character coaching. Role model and guidance especially in terms of life and how to handle difficult people. Difficult people are those who cross over their boundaries. It is for me to learn to say no to assert my boundary. Last week, I just realized and shocked to know the reason my energy is drained. Certain types of people drained me a lot of energy. No wonder I feel tired easily with certain types of people.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
28724 9 9
destitute