BillBelew.com
Email Marketing

Who's Doing Email Marketing Right?1639

Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
I can read. I can follow directions.

A buddy and I have built up a very targeted email list over time. Optins, massaging of emails and all that.

In 10 days we sent abt 5 emails to 187 people.

We did the informational, anticipation and scarcity thing...limited time offer.

(I am writing up a more detailed case study that I will share).

We lost abt 5-6 people (opt outs). That's to be expected.

Price point was right. The whole 9.5 yards.

Results - 5 sales at $47/each = $235.

For all our work over months of gathering emails and writing content and paying email client fees ... we made a whopping $235.

Was it worth it?

What do you think?

Click =>Call Me: for 20 mins FREE 1-on-1 with Bill Belew
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew - I have to admit that I'm probably the last person to ask. Even though I sold over $1000 with my first campaign, I haven't repeated this. And quite frankly that's not a business.

The struggle that I've had is 1)defining my audience 2) creating an irresistible offer

I knew that this wasn't the typical "sign up and lose weight." For some reason that sort of thing has never appealed to me.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
It's all to do with funnels, education and offers ... plus of course a highly focused list ... 5 sales from less than 200 isn't bad ... the secret now is to upsell ... and then hit the others hard.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Member bdaoust private msg quote post Address this user
@Steve the funnels are easy to master, the work is where most people fall down. Upsells are the key to any funnel. I cna offer something for free to capture the email address, the issue here is that I am not sure if they are truly my audience or simply want something for free.

Upselling from a free item seems to make the conversion smaller.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
The secret is to work your funnel and then split off those that are responsive and then hit those that have shown no interest with your hardest sell ... kind of do this or off you go...

As you know you need to educate your list as you go... and selling from free is always a hard sell...
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Member jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
Listening to a podcast now with my friend Travis Sago who's helping his clients crush it with email..
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Member roydehart private msg quote post Address this user
These days doing email marketing by using strong stategies is important .
Post 7 • IP   flag post
I went to a lunch workshop on marketing automation.

It turned out to be about marketing your email campaigns.

By the time I was finished I was convinced that email marketing is a slog. It cant compete with inbound marketing.

What do you think?
Post 8 • IP   flag post
I think it works great along these lines... use inbound marketing to attract and engage... use a call to action to get them to subscribe to something and then... use email marketing to educate and close that first sale... then the next and so on.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@Steve

I am getting ready to set up an email marketing campaign. 《Sigh》

Do I really want to do smth else?
Post 10 • IP   flag post
29985 10 10
destitute