BillBelew.com
FacebookmarketingSocial Media

How to download HD Video1649

Member toyino private msg quote post Address this user
Hello All,

I recently signed up for a webinar which unfortunately i was unable to participate in.

However Kim (the organizer was gracious enough to give replay links to all who registered (of course after taking our emails). I will appreciate to know how to download this type of video so i can replay as many times as possible to get all the points therein.

the link url is
http://kimgarst.com/7-ingredients-for-creating-great-facebook-ads-webinar-replay/?inf_contact_key=2f8d7fc097a581e58badef77b35b868d0218551bdf5a28d73db9166a80e8383d

Many thanks.

Toyin

Click =>Call Me: for 20 mins FREE 1-on-1 with Bill Belew
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
Try SaveFrom.net -

Disclaimer legalese..
I can't speak for safety of this program or condone downloading of anything violating copyright of the person - you use this at your own risk and assume all responsibility for damages to your system or copyright issues.

With that said I have used it successfully for downloading YouTube videos to create new videos like this..

This is Steve Jobs' now famous speech to the 1985 graduating class at Stanford. I often refer to his story where he followed his curiosity in calligraphy, but found myself pointing to the specific moment.

So, I finally decided to download the "official" video and create a 2 min clip. Initially, someone claimed a copyright violation. But I pointed out that I'm not making any money and, in fact, all I do is point to the main video so people can watch the rest.

In effect, I'm helping *them* to re-purpose their content.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@jycmba

I am not sure that copyright in general has to do with, nor disappears because of, not making money. If I am wrong about that, I would love to see the citation.

While the fair use doctrine notes that distinction it is questionable whether or not the use above qualifies under that criteria at all.

Could someone clarify this?
Post 3 • IP   flag post
@Rev - true, YouTube and a lot of social media in general creates gray areas.

Sure, we understand that if someone is using your material for the purposes of making money without your permission is clearly a violation.

But what happens when you're creating basically a citation of a video that's basically for news / educational use, and in fact helps to generate more traffic for the original?
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@jycmba

As I understand it, the right thing to do is ask the owner of the copyright for permission. If they don't grant it then don't use it.That's what copyright -- "copy right" -- is all about. They have the right to copy it (or grant permission to do so); you don't.

It is really a fairly simple concept. The so-called gray areas exist only in the mind of those looking to justify skirting that clarity.

The digital world doesn't create gray areas. It just makes it easier not to follow the rules (the law in this case). It's a good idea to read the actual copyright act and other rulings.

Government Copyright site: http://copyright.gov

Fair Use, where your situation may be covered, is a complex and difficult concept. It's why copyright and intellectual property rights lawyers get the big bucks. And you should not try to infer an answer in your specific situation from what may appear to be similar situations in case examples. These are usually short summaries that condense hard-fought cases.

Maybe start here: http://copyright.gov/fair-use/fair-index.html or here: http://fairuse.stanford.edu/overview/fair-use/cases/

Here is another good place to start: www.law.cornell.edu/supct/cases/copyrt.htm

Also, Wikipedia has some good information: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright

All of the above are good sources for reference and general understanding but they are not legal advice. Neither am I a lawyer and I do not offer legal advice of any kind nor professional advice on this topic. This is just my personal observation.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@Rev - point well taken. But what happens when there is no response and your contact is likely buried in someone's inbox who needs to send it to someone else who needs to check with someone to get approval - and meanwhile, time is lost for what good the material could have done for all concerned?

Guess that's a bad habit I have to admit I picked up from the navy - "better to beg for forgiveness.."
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@jycmba

Think of it this way:

Person 1: "May I borrow your car?"

Somebody unknown to person 1: ::no response;;

Person 1: ::takes the car anyway::

Theft or not?

There are a significant number of of legal firms now (consider them digital ambulance chasers) which exist for the sole purpose of prosecuting digital copyright infringement. They make "reasonable" efforts to contact you but even if you don't respond the court will proceed in your absence. If you are not present the outcome is almost guaranteed. You receive a notice of the judgement -- somehow they ALWAYS find you for that -- and if you don't pay a bench warrant is issued and you don't want to get stopped for a traffic check anytime in that state.

It may seem contrary to common sense, but it is the law. And who said the law as ever "common sense"?
Post 7 • IP   flag post
One of the main reasons why it's good to connect on this Forum is to get different views. I've unlisted the video for now until I get a response.

Although I'm sure that it's nearly impossible to prove any harm done, and again the video probably helps us all in the long run, I agree that this is a risk I don't need to take, and that people often sue and win without real basis in common sense.

Yes, the author or creator of original work should benefit from it. But the reason why copyrights expire is that ultimately we all benefit from content being shared.

I also disagree that it's like stealing someone's car. Put another way - if someone needs a ride, and you drive them without their express permission - yes, you technically "broke the law."

But I think you also did what a reasonable person would do, and everyone's better for it.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Member morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
What then would be the difference be between including text and citing a book in a paper or including a minute and citing a video on a website?
Another example. Most versions of the Bible are copyrighted. The religious industry skirts the issue by using references to multiple versions to limit amount referenced from one version.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@morrnel

I don't know about "most" -- perhaps most modern translations, however even there many are very liberal general permissions to copy/use large portions, some even for commercial purposes.

The KJV and any other versions published before 1923 are, of course, in the public domain and can be used, quoted, copied, reprinted, sold, in any manner you like.

Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek texts of the Bible are all public domain. These are the published versions I could find that are public domain: American Standard-ASV1901 (ASV), Bible in Basic English (BBE), Darby English Bible (DARBY), King James Version (KJV), Webster's Bible (WBT), World English Bible (WEB), and Young's Literal Translation (YLT).

And, finally, if you want a modern translation that has been released fully into the public domain, check here: http://openenglishbible.org/
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Member morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
I am referring to the new translations. The message, niv, etc.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
29402 11 11
destitute