BillBelew.com
Content CreationSEO

205 Google Search Engine Ranking Factors1655

Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
This guy came up with 205 search engine (there are other search engines besides Google) factors.

He has 51 tips for improving your content. That's worth a look.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member toyino private msg quote post Address this user
Very good article.

Thanks for the share
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
Good article though there is a lot of duplication and techno-babble that is likely to confuse the novice. Just the number of factors will be overwhelming to most. The good news is, decent SEO is much easier than all that.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
@Rev

What's on your list of essentials?
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
Love the fact that the article says domain age doesn't affect anything as content does... and then says domain history does affect things ... hello, am I missing something doesn't a new domain have no history?
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@Steve

I hear ya! You can get spun around right quickly.

Of course, it's pretty easy to fool me.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
My Wizard's WP Website Classroom session tomorrow is on exactly this topic -- how to write posts that do well for SEO without having to fuss with 205 (or even 25) elements that probably don't make any sense to you. I'll use that post as a starting point (shock effect) and then back out of it right quick.

You need just 13 items -- oh, my, another Baker's Dozen -- and you are good to go every time. Do it often for good measure.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Member tienny private msg quote post Address this user
Do you have the link?
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Member KitK private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve
Love the fact that the article says domain age doesn't affect anything as content does... and then says domain history does affect things ... hello, am I missing something doesn't a new domain have no history?

But how is he going to fill up his 124,994,374.50 word quota for each article?
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Member KitK private msg quote post Address this user
Hey seniors, which here matter most? I know not everyone is superhuman to take everything into account.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
@KitK

A lot of good content, written well, posted often, over time that solves a problem for the readers.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Member morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
Does this fall into the "87% of all statistics are made up" category? I agree with @Rev, a baker's or banker's dozen get's you most of the way there.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
One of my past mentors was an expert on sales, I spent years attending monthly meetings and learning everything I could about sales... we would start at the beginning and go through everything and then start again at the beginning.

There were never any advanced sales techniques taught, his philosophy being that if you work hard on the basis and master them ... the rest doesn't matter and sorts itself out.

This same philosophy applies to almost everything, I know I've applied it to most things ... and I often smile when people ask me for advanced tips on things ...
Post 13 • IP   flag post
@morrnel

I would LOVE to find a banker that gives me $13 for every $12 I withdraw!

@Steve

Exactly. Work hard on the foundational things and the rest comes together.
Post 14 • IP   flag post
A banker's dozens 11.
Post 15 • IP   flag post
@morrnel

You mean I have to pay them 11...
Post 16 • IP   flag post
@Rev, you described a baker's dozen. "You need just 13 items -- oh, my, another Baker's Dozen" or getting more than expected. Pay for 12, get 13.

If you had offered 11 items, you would be offering a banker's dozen or getting less than expected, Pay for 12 and get 11.
Post 17 • IP   flag post
@Rev, you described a baker's dozen. "You need just 13 items -- oh, my, another Baker's Dozen" or getting more than expected. Pay for 12, get 13.

If you had offered 11 items, you would be offering a banker's dozen or getting less than expected, Pay for 12 and get 11.
Post 18 • IP   flag post
@morrnel

I understood. I was being facetious (or is that fascist when talking about bankers!?!) ;o) <-- I should probably wink when it's in fun.
Post 19 • IP   flag post
Fascist seems to be the best description. I was wondering what was going through your mind being you're from Kansas. But then I remembered you are Canadian and perhaps Canadian bankers were benevolent or something. Yea right.
Post 20 • IP   flag post
Member andelalai private msg quote post Address this user
Lot of factors discussed in this post.
Post 21 • IP   flag post
29377 21 21
destitute