BillBelew.com
BloggingSEO

Infographic on how to increase traffic1660

Jonnner private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @Belew @Rev @Steve

Please comment on this Infographic. I am particularly interested in your thoughts on
-URL length of 50 char. avg.
-Having an image every 75-100 words
-800 pixel tall images
2400 word length

Click =>Call Me: for 20 mins FREE 1-on-1 with Bill Belew
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@Jonnner

I got thoughts..but don't got time...just now.

On my way out the door to a 50th wedding anniversary - not mine. 8-)

I'll come back to this.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@Jonnner

A link to a full-sized version so I could have actually read the references might have been useful. Don't bother now (for me anyway) as I'm not likely to go back to it.

This infographic is much like so many that are flooding the 'net these days... too much information and much of it seemingly created to fill space.

My first take: a lot of the numbers seem suspect. Averages mean little to nothing in the way they are being used here. Several points seem to be in conflict. There is little here I can, or would bother to, use. Little or nothing distinctly actionable.

My take-away: Information that is of little real use is still of little real use even if there is lots of it.

Sorry. I save and re-use a lot of infographics. This won't be one of them.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @Jonnner
I am a graphic designer, as well as, a blogger. I like infographics because I believe people are attracted to them, but I'm sure @belew will tell you more about how their search-ability.

When I read them I always find I take one or two things away as it is impossible to digest the whole graphic; especially a long one.

I have used them on my blog but always accompany them with at least 250 words of text.

The red subheadings down the LHS are easy to read and informative - I don't know if I need to read the other text.

I appreciate the references at the end. I think we tend to accept information presented to us online and don't ask if it's true or not.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@Belew @Rev @SusanDay

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
tienny private msg quote post Address this user
@Jonner Thanks for this.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
roydehart private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for sharing!!
Post 7 • IP   flag post
cynna private msg quote post Address this user
I read everything I can find about increasing blog traffic--there is always something new to learn!!! Thanks for sharing!
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@cynna

If you want more traffic give potential visitors more reasons to come.

More and better content will bring more traffic.

Pretty simple.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
KitK private msg quote post Address this user
@SusanDay Do you create infographics, too?
Post 10 • IP   flag post
SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
Nothing like the one above, @KitK . Just simple ones that use a handful of words. I use them to promote series of blog posts or themes for blog posts.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
@Belew

You make an interesting point.

Please tell us, where might we find research to describe in detail how B2B visitors decide that some content is "better"?

Thanks
Post 12 • IP   flag post
rcayeras private msg quote post Address this user
Here's another infographic to look at - how well does it fulfill its job? You'll have to scroll past the text to get to the graphics. (I looked into this article because a client wants to emphasize IoT for their products.)

http://community.comsoc.org/blogs/alanweissberger/idc-directions-2016-iot-internet-things-outlook-vs-current-market-assessment

Infographics at the bottom of the page - I did not expect that.

Post 13 • IP   flag post
27536 13 13
destitute