BillBelew.com
Belew SpeaksInspiration

Perks of writing online1664

Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
Besides being my job to create content ... there are perks that come along from time to time.

I just got asked to drive a Toyota Avalon for a week - full tank of gas and insurance ... and write a review.

"We have you set up in a Toyota Avalon from Monday 3/7-3/14. Page One will give you a call to confirm delivery details."

My friend has driven a different car every week for the past 12 years = 600 different cars.

Tough gig, but somebody has to do it.

What perks have come your way since you started writing online?

Click =>Call Me: for 20 mins FREE 1-on-1 with Bill Belew
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member gizmo4me2 private msg quote post Address this user
That most bee great and I am sure you deserve it white all the time you spend on here helping other bloggers, good on you and I am sure you will write something great about the car.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
@gizmo4me2

Kind words! Thank you.

Maybe I'll Periscope the experience. Doing car reviews should be different now than they were 8 years ago.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
When I started up in web design in the mid-nineties I couldn't afford to buy all of the latest and best software I wanted... after much thought I started an online magazine aimed at reviewing software and giving advice on web design. This ran successfully from 1997 till 2006/8... over the years we averaged about $250,000 worth of software, books etc... being given to us each year.

I used to also get invited to all sorts of press events and even managed to get into the press areas of a major golfing tournament ...
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Member rcayeras private msg quote post Address this user
This might be a left-field response ... it's great writing blogs for a client - my name is included as the author. It's a living example of one of the things I can do.

Maybe that's the primary value of on-line writing, which was implied in the above posts? You're a real person who really does something - and if they find you, it's because you're doing something of mutual interest with synergistic results.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@rcayeras

Bylines are nothing to sneeze at.

Especially when they are attached to good content at quality sites.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
I am driving a Lexus NX 200t this week.

Biggest problem is I have to give it back on Monday.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
28670 7 7
destitute