BillBelew.com
BrainstormingContent Creation

Difference btw paid and search content1666

Belew private msg quote post Address this user
Whats the difference between writing for organic traffic or search traffic to get the long tail and writing for a ready audience or a page you will pay ppl or push people to read?

Click =>Call Me: for 20 mins FREE 1-on-1 with Bill Belew
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew

You pay people to read your content???
Post 2 • IP   flag post
@Rev

Been experimenting with the pay ppl to read my stuff my model.... with sone success.

Have you never paid for traffic?
Post 3 • IP   flag post
@Belew

Can you explain what you are doing? Is this another term for advertising or are you contracting readers or making some other form of direct payment? What are your expected outcomes?
Post 4 • IP   flag post
I am happy to share in time. I am still in the early stages. And the jury is still out.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@Belew

I got your personal message and I don't want to let anything out of the bag, but what I read in your opening post (and the reason for my immediate question requesting clarification) was that you were PAYING PEOPLE to read your content, not PAYING FOR traffic.

I know...
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Isn't paying people to read ... or hope to read the same as paying for traffic?
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Jonnner private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @Belew

If you pay for traffic you know that the person is interested in your Keyword.... right now.

When you write pay "people to read ... or hope to read" it sounds like you are paying them and hoping they will go to your site later. Have I got that right? It sounds like a significantly less direct expression of interest by the recipient of your cash and an uncontrollable delay in terms of when they might act. If I am right that is 3 "Ifs".....so I hope you are paying a lot less than for an Adword.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@Jonnner

It's not adword. It's more traditional. Throw it out there and see what sticks.

I may have launched this discussion too soon. I am not ready to divulge what I am doing. Rather I am looking for advice and experience from those who wrote for everyone and hoped for someone.

This is different than choose a niche and write for them.

Or is it?
Post 9 • IP   flag post
rcayeras private msg quote post Address this user
My curiosity is up. @Belew maybe you can invite some of us to be paid to read for what you wrote?
Post 10 • IP   flag post
@rcayeras

All in good time, all in good time.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
I'd read just about anything for money. Oh. wait. That's already what I do when I review manuscripts.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
If I knew people were coming to my site I would write different titles...enticing, intriguing, clever.
..if I had to appeal to them to be found by a.search engine, I'd go with clunky, key word hesvy.

How would you do things differently?
Post 13 • IP   flag post
@Belew

Why ever would you write differently for real (people) visitors and search engines? Real people use search engines to find you. They are searching for what you offer or they are not searching for you at all. Trying to manipulate search is counter-productive! Always write for the people you serve -- with the message you share -- and the search engines will bring you the people you want.
Post 14 • IP   flag post
@Rev

Do you use the same titles in Email subj lines that you do in blog posts?

I don't.

If I wanted people who were using search to find me I would use one strategy.

If I were paying ppl to take a quick glance at something, I would use a different strategy.

No?
Post 15 • IP   flag post
LizG private msg quote post Address this user
It depends entirely on user intent and what my conversion action is.

I use organic landing pages all the time for paid search.

If I wanted to feel out what keywords are relevant, I use dynamic search ads and let Google pick the keywords for me.

If it's a blog post or information designed to inform rather than sell, then sponsored content like Outbrain is a better choice.

If I'm looking only for top of funnel and don't want to pay very much, I go With Display ads.

Search ads, I usually have an action I want them to take on the landing page. If it's a page on design build bathroom remodeling and I want them to fill out the contact form, I create a page with a limited time offer, free class, downloadable style guide, etc. Then I'll create a campaign with a few ad groups to see what keywords convert, changing the text on the page only to match user intent. Maybe every one looking for design builders are more interested in galleries and pictures than booking a consultation, or maybe there are a lot of missed conversions because the audience is looking for age in place design for their parents. Or maybe people in an area are looking for special features, eco friendly, high end designer, information on cabinets or types of tile, etc. Just like you wouldn't put all of that info in one blog post, you'd make separate landing pages and incentives to match your audience based on what you sell and converts.
Post 16 • IP   flag post
@LizG

Very generous insight in this answer.

A lot to digest.

Do you see a difference in the traffic from paid ads and from organic in terms of Time on Site and Pages viewed per visit?
Post 17 • IP   flag post
LizG private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew Yes, it's usually lower across the board. Usually less traffic, less page views, less time on site, and lower conversion rate than organic. Paid usually sits right between organic and referral with a few exceptions.

Product ads usually out perform other channels. So if someone sells Saeco coffee makers, most of their revenue is usually attributed to Google Shopping.

Display ads and dynamic search ads perform the worst in terms of conversions - but they have their use.

I use dynamic search ads more as a diagnostic tool. A client that sells bean bag chairs cannot get organic or paid search to convert. Since we can't see all organic keywords anymore, dynamic search ads can tell us what keywords Google sees on the landing page that match what people search for.

Display ads are good mostly for small niches that have a hard time generating traffic and/or big ad budgets. I typically target by in-market segment and website topic. So if it's an IPL laser hair removal device, I will target people between 18-40 actively shopping in the health/beauty category and the ads will serve on websites that are about hair removal. It will cost a lot less than search, but those clicks typically don't buy at first and are used as an assisted conversion.

Regular search ads are kind of all over the place, usually less than organic unless you're targeting people who have visited your site or purchased from you before.

Social ads work OK for selling services and driving actions like email list sign ups, but it's not cheap. Facebook is working hard to drive product sales, but that's looking like it falls way behind Google. I only recommend using social if you install the tracking pixels.
Post 18 • IP   flag post
26852 18 18
destitute