BillBelew.com
Networking

Getting Readers to Scroll Down1709

bdaoust private msg quote post Address this user
I guess our next issue is to get people to scroll down the page. I have been doing some reading on the subject and have found that you have to:

1. Tell them to scroll down
2. Make an offer they will be excited about
3. Have a graphic peek up above the fold
4. Remind them to make comments and score your article
5. Add at least 1 FB item (or graphic) for each paragraph.

Today I am experimenting with the giveaway piece to see what happens. This should be interesting. Tomorrow I will try another tactic. According to my research, you should try all the components besides writing engaging titles, subtitles, and content.

Have fun!

Click =>Call Me: for 20 mins FREE 1-on-1 with Bill Belew
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@bdaoust

How's this working for you?

Got results?
Post 2 • IP   flag post
I seem to be getting more comments so far - As I can't see the BN stats it is really difficult to really know what is happening
Post 3 • IP   flag post
@bdaoust

One thing is for sure...if they are commenting, they have to scroll down.

Both of those are desired.

Are you getting comments from people you don't know?
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@Belew - yes I am getting comments from people I do not know - which is a good thing!
Post 5 • IP   flag post
And doing a good job of it, too.

Thanks for the tips.

I have an idea.

I am going to write a few solid Tip-like posts at BN.

I will then ask readers very early on to scroll down to find that link near the end of the post.

This might take some time to build up the various Tip-posts that I think will have special appeal .. .but it's worth a try.

Thoughts?
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@Belew If it works then we can add it to the list! Only time will tell and if you have access to your stats you should be able to see the engagement
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Just adding to the list from above today. I had a chance to do more research into the topic courtesy of BuzzStream

People love lists (I am adding a list based article tomorrow to test this.)

Headlines need to connect to the primal brain, subtitles to the subconscious and the body to the emotions (seems easy enough but tough to do)

Stories from data with an emotional attachment are great ways to add value for the reader. Google Consumer Survey has lots of data you can use. You can also search for "KEYWORD Data Sets" to get additional information.

Are any of you using these tactics? I am finding they work extremely well. I will continue to dig into this and find out more.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@bdaoust

Great suggestions!

How are you determining that they work?

Lists are a great idea.

Questions are great, too?

I just wrote - Which is more valuable, the Golden State Warriors or the Toy Story Franchise?

Would you want to know?
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@Belew I am guessing that they work only by the comments or page ratings - so far I can't see any stats so results are dubious. I only know that primal appeal should help
Post 10 • IP   flag post
26086 10 10
destitute