BillBelew.com
SEO

Does Site Speed Affect Search Ranking? Study1722

Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
The results of this case study on site speed vs SEO really surprised me. <= Read

"Studies such as those from Moz (and Google’s own hints) are enough to show that site speed is definitely in the mix as a ranking factor, but there is nothing to suggest it has a weight of anything significantly more than 1%."

Click =>Call Me: for 20 mins FREE 1-on-1 with Bill Belew
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
Here's the thing... SEO is easy. At least the basics. You can take just about any site and get it into the top five search engine return pages (SERPs) -- the only pages that are really looked at -- with some basic SEO that anyone can readily learn and apply.

"Will they?" of course, is another thing altogether.

Once you get to a place somewhere in the top five pages, however, you begin playing with the A team. Many of the players in those 50 spots, and especially those on page one, are actively working some serious SEO on their sites. Often, they have professionals (like me!) doing the work for them.

Getting from, say, spot two on page two, into one of the top five spots on page one -- where over 90% of the clicking is done -- is the tough part. It means fighting for each of those little 1% thingies that are often discarded as not important.

If you do everything obvious that the site in spot one is doing, but he does a few, or even just one, of those little things and you don't -- well, that's why he's in spot one and you're not.

I wonder if a few of you could help me out. Search for this phrase (no quotes needed - just copy and paste) in Google:

Who Is The Best SEO Professional In Hutch

and send me a screen capture of what you see (full page if you can) along with the city or region you are located in. Send to therev@ourhutch.com

Thanks BIG TIME!
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
Sunnyvale, CA.

Post 3 • IP   flag post
Member rebekahr private msg quote post Address this user
Roseville, CA

Post 4 • IP   flag post
Member jewellswriter private msg quote post Address this user
Pleasant Hill, CA
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Thank you so much guys!

Anyone who is not in CA???
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Member KitK private msg quote post Address this user
Philippines - the other side of the world.

Post 7 • IP   flag post
Thanks @KitK. All four of those are mine. Something is working. :o)
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Member Jonnner private msg quote post Address this user
@Rev
Hi Steve,

I just saw this thread. I tried your search with both Google.com and Google.PT on Firefox, IE and Chrome. The results vary. i.e. the #1,2 result is not always the same.

Does this imply that I screwed up, or that Google does ranking differently by both browser and country version? Please help me understand what ranking #1 really means?

Best
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@Jonnner

Results will can vary depending on browsing history (browser specific), Google site searched, your geographic location (based on IP resolution), and whether or not you are logged into Google, among other things.

Would still love to see the results.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
29377 10 10
destitute