BillBelew.com
FeedbackInspiration

What would you like to write a book about?1726

Belew private msg quote post Address this user
Does anybody remember real book stores?

I am hanging at a big Barnes and Noble with my daughter.

There are sooooo many books abt absolutely everything.

Every 3rd person from WWII. There are no booka on the history of the world but there are 618 books each 743 pages long covering each decade aince the reformation.

And and ... i never did find what I was looking for...mostly because i cant remember now.

What would you like to write a book about?

Click =>Call Me: for 20 mins FREE 1-on-1 with Bill Belew
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Summerbay private msg quote post Address this user
I've already written a bunch of them. It's fun.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
@Summerbay

About?

And what's next?
Post 3 • IP   flag post
ravinbhakta private msg quote post Address this user
problems of teenagers and how you can overcome them
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@ravinbhakta

Where can I see them?

I have raided 2 teenagers. And have another one on her way.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
ravinbhakta private msg quote post Address this user
I haven't written it, it's just an idea but I have my blogs based on it on newprespective.com
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Novels, novellas, anthologies, adult coloring books, and non-fiction. Take a look: http://alturl.com/dhdxs
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@Summerbay

That's a lot of books!
Post 8 • IP   flag post
jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew - I'd write about why we need our schools to offer entrepreneur training..
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@jycmba

Lemme check. I'll bet there is already 10 books on it. 8-)
Post 10 • IP   flag post
tienny private msg quote post Address this user
@jycmba That's better way to teach the students. Because I do feel stuck.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@jycmba

I'm having to bite my tongue -- or at least curl my fingers -- a little on this one. I'm not a big fan of our education system and I can just see yet another graduation class with 4-year parchments and huge debt coming out to start their own businesses.

I was working for a multi-national Fortune 100 corporation when the MBA grads started showing up. Generally they couldn't empty the waste basket without instructions printed on the bottom!

I do think that getting a grounding in the entrepreneurial concept in elementary and secondary school is probably a good idea, but enshrining it in a 4 year college program with all kinds of non-related electives and semester fillers isn't what's needed.

I spoke at a high school graduation once (well, more than once, but this one time in particular) and after the usual, and expected, motivational "go forth and multiply" stuff, I asked for a show of hands as to whom would be going on to study, or work, in a list of of several key fields. I named them one by one and was surprised how few put up hands for each.

Thinking that they might just be shy I pressed on and the last one was "going into business for yourself". To my pleasant surprise, about two-thirds of the grads raised their hands.

Before coming into the auditorium that day I had taken a detour through the library and found a book which I arranged to borrow. I had slipped it into my jacked pocket and now pulled it out and held it up to the graduating class and asked, "How many here have read this book, J. Paul Getty's "How To Be Rich"?

Not one hand. The book had been sitting in the school library for the entire four years this class had been there and not one of them -- about 2/3 of whom wanted to go into business -- had even cracked the cover. Sad.

And shame on the teachers who mostly, a) had no idea what their charges wanted to be when they grew up and, b) failed to share available resources with them.

Entrepreneurship, like most every other subject, will just be taught to the textbook, not to the student!
Post 12 • IP   flag post
bdaoust private msg quote post Address this user
I have several books on the market, a few of them have been sold into foreign markets and are now being translated. Yahoo - maybe there will be money in them someday!

As for my next book, I have started one on book marketing for authors - not too far down the path with this one as my daily life is now interfering with my ability to find more time to think it through. I will get there by years end!
Post 13 • IP   flag post
@Rev @jycmba

"...empty the waste basket without instructions printed on the bottom!"

First you need to put on TOP of the basket, "Please turn over to ..."

Incomplete sentences work well because most people will follow through just out of curiosity.

My son got his Masters while enrolled in the University of California system. Yet, he freely admits he never went to class beyond the first and last days. He picked up the syllabus the first day of class ... learned everything he needed on YouTube ... then showed up the last day of class to prove it. Not an exaggeration.

Maybe we want we need in high school is to teach those young people how to learn for themselves.

Most classes are no more than paying someone to tell you what you don't have the discipline to do on your own. If you are in it for some money, some people will actually work. But even that is not the case.

I am saddened by how many people have given me $5K or more and didn't follow through.

I'd rather tell success stories than just collect money.
Post 14 • IP   flag post
tienny private msg quote post Address this user
I realise that I learn easier through doing, people and work experiences than textbook. Normally, I read part of the textbook when needed. Or else I will fall asleep. People tend to think I am an academic person. Actually I learn by doing experiments and repetitive doing.
Post 15 • IP   flag post
cherilsword private msg quote post Address this user
After 30 years of attempting to understand what miracles are for, I finally "get it." This will be the book I write.
Post 16 • IP   flag post
@cherilsword

Do tell!
Post 17 • IP   flag post
Awesome @cherilsword ! Looking fwd to your insights!
Post 18 • IP   flag post
cherilsword private msg quote post Address this user
I tried to post this earlier, but for some reason site would not allow me to post, and then could not sign on. I tried several times, but that little thing just kept going round and round and round. I waited for about 4 hours and finally got in, so here is my quick response.

The body has been placed first in time, which means that we are communicating at a much lower frequency than what our Spirit is capable of. This sound is coming from the physical words we use to define our reality, or the world we live in. If we communicated from the Spirit, our words would be wholly pure, and the inadequate destructive sound that is coming, and is heard, from the ego/body would completely eliminated.
By consciously agreeing to place the Spirit first in time, we would learn to wholly communicate with a frequency that would not need a body at all. However, eliminating body communication would take us from A to Z without understanding what the rest of the alphabet is for. Thus, we need a bridge of understanding to move us across this frequency bridge. This frequency bridge would continue to allow us to speak in physical words, but the internal language, which consciously directs the Spirit would begin to be internally understood. This would be a slow transition. Otherwise there would be way too much fear involved, as it will cause everything we have believed is possible in the past to be called into question.
The transition period, which will allow us to consciously direct the Creative Spirit within once we completely learn the Language of the Spirit, is what the miracle is for.
Miracles add an element of Living Structure to the interpretations of the words that we assign to the material structures of this world. By learning to add miracles to the sounds of the words that we are using to assign meaning to the structures in our world, we slowly but surely make progress as One Whole World into a whole new frame of reference. This reference will be without war, disease, hate, crime, hunger, and the list goes on. If there are no words that define these things, they will disappear from our world......this is a very limited explanation of what miracles are for.

I have no idea how to re-sign up to tell if anyone responds to this, as I was able to unsubscribe...the only thing I was allowed to do while I was attempting to sign in, so I will have to check back later.
Post 19 • IP   flag post
@cherilsword

99.9% uptime = a couple of hours each year the site acts up. Apparently that was the case. Very aorry!
Post 20 • IP   flag post
shobana private msg quote post Address this user
I don't know Bill maybe someday I would like to write about why the world got so divided because I see everyday history repeating itself - Even in modernization there is so much division and disparity. I think there is a whole new "history" being created everyday !

shobana
Post 21 • IP   flag post
@shobana

When will you start the first draft?
Post 22 • IP   flag post
@Belew

ha ha. well I am now into contests!!. I just entered a book for the Story Peak Novel contest and am waiting for some reviews on it. Just entered "Hidden in the Crevices of Time"a few days ago and am hoping for a publishing contract. Anyway I think I will work on why history repeats itself once I have done extensive research on it and I shall tell myself that it will be a best seller someday

Thank you.
Post 23 • IP   flag post
@shobana - some of my favorite works of fiction have deeper meanings and themes that make us pause and think.

Often, people miss this aspect of sci-fi and fantasy, thinking that it's about orcs and elves fighting or spaceships blowing things up - when in reality, they're mirrors of people and society.

One of my favorite lines from V for Vendetta is "artists use lies to tell the truth" - the movie itself a metaphor for post 9/11 paranoia and governments grabbing power for their own agendas.

Lately, I've been amazed at the truth hidden in the DNA of the hero's journey.

Often, the best truths are when people don't even they're being sold!
Post 24 • IP   flag post
@jycmba

Its true that some of the most compelling stories are based on truth and non-fiction. The stories are born out of hidden meanings/experiences and come across as eye-openers.

Thank you for sharing "What makes a hero". I found it relevant and enlightening. "Artists use lies to tell the truth" is new to me having not watched V for Vendetta. Anyway all things are possible and sometimes there is a thin line between lies and truth.

shobana
Post 25 • IP   flag post
I recently attended a writer's workshop on the heroine's journey, which differs from the masculine hero's journey in some respects.

Here is a great explanation: http://camytang.com/uploads/ditdat_writers/files/000/000/000000876.pdf
Post 26 • IP   flag post
@Summerbay

Female and male journeys are different are like saying ppl are different, no?
Post 27 • IP   flag post
@Belew Not exactly. Of course people are different but we're talking about crafting fiction here. Understanding the structure of a story and who its audience will be is the basis of good (and read) fiction.

It's like any craft. In painting, you have to know how colours mix and what good composition is. In woodworking, you have to know how different woods behave when used, etc.

In writing fiction, if you use Joseph Campbell's hero's journey and your intended readership is female, your book may not be as successful as you hope.
Post 28 • IP   flag post
@Summerbay

The question becomes 'am I writing for a target audience or am I doing what I want and hoping I attract an audience who is looking for someone like me?'
Post 29 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
Interviewer: "Why do you keep writing?"

Hemmingway: "There are still so many great stories to tell!"
Post 30 • IP   flag post
27570 39 30
destitute