BillBelew.com
BrainstormingNetworking

Where New Coaches start marketing efforts1735

eleegreen private msg quote post Address this user
Hello everyone I am new to coaching , glad to be here hoping to learn about blogging little nervous but happy.

Click =>Call Me: for 20 mins FREE 1-on-1 with Bill Belew
Post 1 • IP   flag post
jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome @eleegreen - good folks here.

Who do coach, and what do you help them with?
Post 2 • IP   flag post
I have been coaching family and friends of friends,on whatever issues arise at the time needed. I am a true believer of balancing your life around everyday issues, this will be my niche in the field of coaching.I enjoy helping people, I have fear of venturing outside of my box. I have been coaching on and off for 2 years or so! I joined this group in hopes of being a better writer and blogger to get me out of my shell! I'm defiantly a newbie!! I know before I can coach the masses, I need to find a coach for myself! I'm on my own balancing my life, to do what I enjoy in my life.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@eleegreen

Welcome! The coaching work you do is a wonderful service. You will find lots of friendly people here. The forum is a great resource.

When it comes to venturing outside the box -- or thinking out side the box as the popular phrase suggests -- I encourage breaking it down entirely and having no box at all!

And yes, every serious coach should have their own coach or mentor. Going it alone is a fools errand.

As for blogging, you might want to pick up the ten week series on Business Blogging each Monday at 1 pm Eastern time on Blab (http://blab.im). You can pick up the first two sessions in replay:

1 - https://goo.gl/hvfXJg
2 - https://goo.gl/73RtLl

Great to meet you and all the best in your efforts.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@eleegreen

Glad to have you here.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@Rev thanks for such encouraging words, I have been watching Cody Lister, I like their group but I will pay more attention to the knowledge he gives. After viewing the forum this morning, I can say I have finally written the material for my first blog. Still in the fear stage, but confident I have a breakthrough just by reading the forum here this morning.@Belew thanks for the invite.
Hopefully, I can find a mentor or a coach here, that can help me along the way. I am really determined to pursue my dream of coaching and helping others.... Thank you again.....
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@eleegreen

Over the years, as I have coached others and been coached myself, I have found that coaching/mentoring tends to fall into one of three broad categories:

1) Friends & Family Plan

Always glad to offer advice, especially to tell you why you shouldn't or can't, your friends and family are probably the source of the old adage, "You get what you pay for!"

2) Forums, Groups & Associates

Good because these are places where you can connect with like minds, typically for free too, but remember, many people have an agenda or are just too busy trying to find their own way.

3) Professional Coaches & Mentors

Keeping in mind that you don't always get what you pay for, even if you pay a lot, and that quality varies across size and price, paying for a good coach or mentor is likely the better choice.

Ask yourself this, "If I expect to get paid for my own coaching/mentoring service, why wouldn't I expect to pay for the coaching/mentoring I get?"

The choice to get a good coach is often one of the most difficult we make. We find excuses, too costly, bad fit, bad timing, scheduling conflicts, etc. We put it off. We struggle. Things get tough. We come to terms with and recognize we do need one. We still hold off because of habit, pride, who knows what.

I was fortunate to have good coaches and mentors available throughout my life, both personally and in business, but there were stretches when I didn't have one and know now it would have been so much easier had I reached out and found one.

Today I work regularly with a personal success mentor and a business marketing coach. What I have found to be true: a good coach/mentor is worth what you pay for them. Every penny.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@eleegreen - the only thing that I can add to what @Rev says is that it's an unfortunate, but very real, part of human nature - that we tend to only value what we pay for.

I could be wrong, but probably everyone here has more than a few "free report" downloads, sitting on their hard drive unopened!

Finding a coach or mentor is like shopping for clothes. Some try the "one size fits all" approach, and we know how that goes. It's interesting that there are professional shoppers for fashion, but I don't know of any for something as valuable as life or business advice. Hmmm..
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@jycmba

Hmmm... you just started a number of people thinking, "Hey, maybe I could offer that..."

Nice.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@Rev That's what I do - start trouble! @jycmba at your service, aka "the Catalyst"..
Post 10 • IP   flag post
@Rev @jycmba I agree with everything you guys are saying I don't knock what a person charge, but when I tell you I cant afford to pay a coach $$$$ on up for 45min of coaching I am being truthful. Maybe once I am actually coaching others and have the income to do better than I will. This is one of the reason I have held back from my dreams. I have had a mentor from the Business Mentoring Group told me I could not coach because I was not certified....I step back but my gut is telling me I can I just need to know the avenues to take that chance in making my dreams come true.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
@eleegreen

Your experience is your certification.

The difference you make in others' lives in your certification.

Who certifies the certifiers? And who certifies them?

Nothing beats real results.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
@eleegreen - when I created my first course, I sold "licenses" for territories that people could operate with the knowledge, because I didn't want my students to step on each other's toes for business. The information was that powerful.

A few people asked me "who authorized you to sell these?"

My reply was "I did."

Our schools teach us to color within the lines, get in lines.. be like sheep. Why?

Because that's what the factories of the Industrial Age needed.

It was the Kennedy's and Rockefeller's of the world that made their own rules, then they made sure no one else could do the same.

Too many people will sell you what worked for them. (In no way is that a reflection of the folks here..)

No one else is going to care as much what works for you.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
@jycmba thank you I'm so happy I was dillgent in my research in looking to find answers to my problem. Thanks for taking the time in advising me on the does and don'ts. This is what I need folks who have been their. With the help from this group I believe I will go far in making my dream come true.
Post 14 • IP   flag post
coachheather private msg quote post Address this user
Your dreams will come true. Never let a lack of money get between you and your dreams. One thing that I do is help people come up with creative ways to get their business started on a shoestring budget. I am also a part of a transformation coach mastermind that has totally changed my life and how I approach my clients,as well as, indiduals that I coach/mentor at no cost. If you can believe that you can do it, you can achieve what you desire to achieve.
Post 15 • IP   flag post
"Set your goals in concrete and draw your plans in the sand!"
Post 16 • IP   flag post
@coachheather

Curious to know if you have some 'stories' you can share abt how people you have worked with have succeeded.

Want to share?
Post 17 • IP   flag post
26120 17 17
destitute