Did you decide, "I know enough, I am going to start teaching others?"

Or did people start lining up and asking, "Hey, will you help me?"

Click =>Call Me: for 20 mins FREE 1-on-1 with Bill Belew
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member eleegreen private msg quote post Address this user
Did you decide you want to be a coach?
Yes, it took awhile before I came to the decision
Or did coaching find you?
Well,I guess it did find me,at the time,I did not know it was consider coaching.

Did you decide, "I know enough, I am going to start teaching others?"
Yes, I was always helping others, than I discovery their was something called coaching and since I had been helping others and it was working out for them, I felt it was time to share my gift with others.

Or did people start lining up and asking, "Hey, will you help me?"
Yes, I was the go to person when things was not working out for someone, Its funny they use to say go ask missiemediva if they needed help - I loved it.........
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Member Summerbay private msg quote post Address this user
When I wrote a novel and figured out how to self-publish it, people asked me if I could help them too. I said yes, designed a system and put a price tag on it. Prior to that I was in gift wholesale and retail, which was hit hard by recession.

Teaching isn't my favourite thing, creating is. So for the past several months I have been transitioning away from client work to creating courses and products to sell online. I'm about to launch one of my first ones. It's called Startup Essentials and is a program for beginner entrepreneurs. My book writing program, Write That Book Now (writethatbooknow.com) is already available.

I have more programs in development coming out soon.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@eleegreen

We are often asked to give comfort to those with the same comfort that we received.

Plz tell more details... if you feel comfortable.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@Summerbay

More programs? Tell us more. 8-)
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Member Summerbay private msg quote post Address this user
The program waiting in the wings is called The Wish Plan. It helps the wistful and the hopeful turn wishes into plans and plans into accomplishments. It's like a GPS for "Someday I want to..." So whether you want to write a book, visit the old country, or climb a mountain, the program helps you design a plan to make it happen.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Member eleegreen private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew

When I hear the word comfort I get a warm sensation that everything will be okay, having faith is all you need, knowing your are not alone, comfort is something that soothes the mind, it gives you assurance that everything is going to be alright, if you have faith , the comforting can bring you hope.
I will give comfort if needed, I don't like to see the next person in pain with no way out. My type of comfort deals with the almighty, that's a touchy subject too bring up with certain people.
Me personal I have never received comfort from anyone, I look above for my answers. Many of times my prayers were not answered, just the thought and the feeling brought me comfort. Theirs many different levels of comfort depending on who the person maybe. Most people I know sit in silence, they don't want to talk, they just like the presence of the next person just to be their.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Member rsalanoa private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew

I think often times our career/jobs, slowly but surely enable the coaching spirit in us to birth forth.

I've worked since I was 14yrs old and every since I can remember, I was always the one catching on to things quick. I learn fast and able to retain information better than the rest of my crew. Every job I got, after several months of being hired, I quickly move up to management. Last 15yrs is when I realized that I became the GOTO person for the company.

I am a JESUS lover as well. I believe that all my gifts come from God and it was only a matter of time before I realized what I was here to do..HELP and SERVE others. I'm utilizing my gifts, skills and experience to help others.

Before I know it, I get ask alot "can you help me" Can you pray for me" people confiding in me. Etc..I hope that make sense. lol
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@rsalanoa

It makes sense.

I am gruff and generally curmudgeonly ... but a lover of Jesus as well.

Somehow ppl want my ear... and more often than not I will give it to them.

Look forward to knowing you better here.

I live in the South Bay. Perhaps our paths will cross and we can share war stories at some point.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Member rsalanoa private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew

Awesome! Having the customer service background, most of the time, that's all people want, is someone with an ear to LISTEN to them. Not just hear them but actually listening.

I live in Evergreen East Side of San Jose! South Bay where about?
Post 10 • IP   flag post
@rsalanoa

Sunnyvale.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Teacher SunilBhaskaran private msg quote post Address this user
I started coaching in 1991.
I was obsessed as I got to meet people in the therapy and consulting industries. Back then.. we did not know what to call what we did. There were terms like consultant, leadership consultant, etc.

My first mentor was extraordinary and I knew that I wanted to work with him when he almost nonchalantly intervened between an Israeli and a Palestinian member of his audience. They shook hands when they heard my mentor say about 2 sentences - after about 15 minutes of hard edged argument. I knew that I wanted to learn more from this guy. How did he do that? Could I learn how to do that? Wouldn't it be cool? etc. The intrigue began and has never ended.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
29615 12 12
destitute