BillBelew.com
BloggingBrainstorming

Where Accountants Can Get Started Online1751

Member weaverjs private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, My name is Jeremy. I am new to the Belew forums. I am a recovering accountant jumping into the world of content marketing, and marketing content. I am in the process of starting my first blog and I looking forward to learning more from this info packed group!

Thanks.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Jeremy ...

So what do you know about content marketing? In my experience lots of people know all sorts of things about content... but nothing about content marketing...

You've found one of the best places to learn and seek help though ... that @Belew fellow is seriously good.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@weaverjs

Welcome, Jeremy,

Glad to have you here.

Watch out for that @Steve fellow, he knows what he is talking about and if you follow his direction, things will get better for you.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Member weaverjs private msg quote post Address this user
@Steve, Yes, you are correct, I am moving away from content to marketing and learning so much in the process.

I grew up in very large professional service firms. I think they are the world's best at making content, but struggle with content marketing.

Having left a big firm to work in a small business I am now learning that content marketing helps the business grow MUCH more than simply making content. I want to use this as a way to grow my firm and my own book.

@Belew- Thanks. Looking forward to this ride.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@weaverjs

If you do your content correctly, the content will market itself.

Content that is written well and is searchable will 'take on legs' and that's when the content does the marketing = content marketing at its best - imho.

Four kinds of content:

1. entertaining
2. educating
3. inspiring
4. influencing
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@weaverjs

Bill and Steve know their stuff. You won't be far off the mark if you apply some of their advice.

I often speak of what I call the Four-Squared content marketing approach. It marries two four-point concepts, ie: 4x4 or 4².

The first is my engineering approach, or IEEE:

Inform
Educate
Entertain
Engage

and the second is my Four Y's of Success:

Quality
Frequency
Regularity
Longevity

If you apply IEEE and, in doing so, provide better quality than your competition, with greater frequency than your competition, and with greater regularity than your competition, for longer then your competition, you will be successful.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
28670 6 6
destitute