BillBelew.com
FeedbackProductivity

1 article 4,735 words from top SEO dude1758

Belew private msg quote post Address this user
I harp on this a lot. You can ignore me if you like.

One of the most-respected "how-to" coaches for putting content online published a, um, post that was 4,735 words long.

I know, because I cut and pasted it and let Word count them for me.

I didn't read the thing.

Who would?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
This technique is old school.

Overwhelm your listeners, readers with information. So much so they feel so stupid or incapable of digesting the material that they have to call you to teach them or do it for them.

It's not educational.

So what if it is search friendly. It's not people friendly.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
Hah. Search friendly or search wasted! That same content as 9 or 10 smaller articles (or even more) would do so much more for search and for the reader -- whom, after all, this is all about!
Post 3 • IP   flag post
SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
I have been asked to purchase a SEO eBook if I want to work for a content marketing company. Is it worthwhile??
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@SusanDay

Which book?
Post 5 • IP   flag post
This one

SEO Optimization
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@SusanDay

I don't know the book or writer. I know that you know enough to write the book maybe. $5.99 is a small investment if the job is yours.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@SusanDay

I don't know the book or the writer either, but looking over the material and his vitae, both seem top notch. Based on the Amazon description I would purchase the book for $6 if I needed something current.

If you have any choice in the matter, or just want a second resource, you might what to check out Jon Rognerud - http://jonrognerud.com/ - an Ausie now living in the Los Angeles area. His credentials run as deep, his writing is as good, and he has greater depth of experience.

And, if you have any questions going forward, feel free to contact me directly. I've done an SEO job or two in my day as well. Oh, hey, I still do!
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Thanks @Rev and @Belew

I will look up Jon Rognerud and I'll buy the book.

I am seeing the real benefits of good, solid content - as per Bill's formula, but I don't feel I know anything about SEO, should I? It probably won't do me any harm to school up on it all the same.

I haven't got the job yet.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@SusanDay

If you don't have the job, don't buy the book.

I can send you an ebook that will tell you all you need to know.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
@Belew Thank you!
Post 11 • IP   flag post
24991 11 11
destitute