BillBelew.com
Business Advice

When were you last interviewed?1759

Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
Do you find it worthwhile being interviewed?

What's your criteria?

I find that people want to interview me for their benefit. That is they want me to feel special so i can tell my network abt them.

In the end it is really abt them. Not me.

Whats been your experience?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
I think an interview should be a 50/50 two way street. You help them and they help promote your work.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Member jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
A few of us were just talking about that today.. that you say 'yes' to as much as you can 'til your plate is full; then, only do it if it's a 'hell yes.'

For folks who don't like to do interviews, avoid them unless you "have to" do 'em. No matter how much you smile on the outside, if you're not happy within, it'll come across.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
My last formal interview was by "our own" John Chang. @jycmba was doing a series of interviews on Blab and I was honored to be asked. Sure it was content for John's program and material he could re-purpose and use for other things, but it was exposure for me and John allowed me to use the content too. That's about as win-win as it gets.

I agree 100% with @jycmba above in regards to "as much as you can" and "hell yes". If you are starting out or re-positioning yourself interviews are a great way to get exposure. If you are set in your ways and satisfied with what you are already doing then not so much.

Just my 2ยข.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
I have always believed that relationships should be win-win.

I don't think that's the case with most people I deal with.

They believe rather in give and take. I give they take.

I have never asked the question, "What's in it for me?" Perhaps I should start ... or maybe hang in there a few more years and it won't really matter anymore.

When's the last time you simply felt used?
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew

Perhaps you're hanging with the wrong crowd. Instead of chasing numbers, engage with friends.

I honestly can't remember when I last felt used. I know I used to feel that way from time to time but it was many years ago, before I really understood what "it" was all about.

Once I realized that if I was honestly giving without expectation of return it was impossible for others to take advantage. I was, defacto, giving my permission to "use" me. The universe takes care of the rest.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
Recently I seldom answer requests for interviews... however if you produce enough content this doesn't stop you getting featured on various websites as a go-to expert...

Here is my latest one (click here)
Post 7 • IP   flag post
29158 7 7
destitute