BillBelew.com
Introduction

Official Introduce Yourself Thread #31764

SunilBhaskaran private msg quote post Address this user
@Jedi22 Great to have you here! Welcome!
Post 476 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
That's the kind of answer I was looking for.

My son swam competitively up thru graduation from university.

Swimming as a sport is not unlike tennis in that even you are part of a team, much depends on individual performance.

And even your body is ready you need to have your mind in the game, er, pool also ...and vice versa.

What is it you hope to learn abt marketing here?
Post 477 • IP   flag post
Jedi22 private msg quote post Address this user
Another great question, I am not 100% certain. I certainly hope to learn from others experience in business. I know my business acumen is not a strength of mine and I hesitate to fully market myself properly either because I don't really know how or it feels as though I am boasting or I'm not sure what exactly, so I would certainly like to strengthen my weaknesses. But also I'm not sure I fully know what abt has to offer so I sure there is more to learn that I don't know about. What do you feel abt has the most to offer not only me but the forum members in general?
Post 478 • IP   flag post
This might be a good place to start by reading thru.

The most popular content marketing forum threads.

Post 479 • IP   flag post
@Jedi22

It sounds to me like you don't have a product problem as much as you have a confidence problem.

If you can deliver then it's not a boast.

Boasting = false promises.

Tell people what you can deliver.

Offer proof that you have delivered it in the past.

Make it possible for them to contact you.

Then deliver on your promise.
Post 480 • IP   flag post

Ty Bill, I think you may have hit the nail on the head. I had not thought of it that way. I know I have and do deliver I think I may paralyze myself with the fear that one time I won't or as we put it it I may have paralysis by analysis. I am extremely grateful for the feedback. I will read through the link you sent and please do not hesitate to lmk how I may also provide value to abt, I will be more than happy to contribute. Jed
Post 481 • IP   flag post
@Jedi22

Old cowboy philosopher, Will Rogers, said, "If you can do it, it ain't bragging."

Take stock in what you can do to make people's lives better, then do that. Most of them will pay you for it.

Marketing is all about getting your message in front of the right people. That's what many of us here know how to do.

How do you market yourself?
Post 482 • IP   flag post
@Jedi22 I concur with Bill. Also my 2 cents: confidence increases when your offering (what you sell or offer) is clear and compelling. Confidence takes another boost when people start buying your offer. Third stage of the booster rocket is when they buy your offer without you being present i.e. they find you online. How you get found online? - create good copy ala Bill Belew!
Post 483 • IP   flag post
Ty Bill and Sunil I am very grateful of your "2 cents" as well, by all means your feedback is very welcome. Currently, I will say How I market myself is, how u say...poorly. One of the difficulties I find in marketing for me and possibly psychology in general is getting the correct audience obviously but also if I pick a specific audience I can help with my services, I feel like what I am saying is you in this group here have mental problems so you should see me b/c I can help, does that make sense. It feels like I am saying hey you over here have problems and that doesn't feel right, is that faulty thinking on my part?
But to answer your direct question is I have relied on word of mouth to a large extent, but recently I have begun to blog, am creating my website and began to make a fb page and use fb ads. I also look to engage on Twitter in relation to psychology topics, which has begun to attract followers but I have not monetized yet. Also part of my duty as a psychology counselor is to debunk junk science or information so I have been able to display my counseling acumen to a certain extent. I am considering getting testimonials from previous clients, which I'm confident people would be happy to do, but I am still struggling getting myself and information in front of the right audience. Hopefully this all made some sense, you are very kind to discuss this with me, I am very grateful.
Post 484 • IP   flag post
@Jedi22: Understand your conflict. But the sooner you resolve, the better :-). Difficult to do that over a blog :-). However, one place to look at is in creating a mission statement or purpose for your business and then re-contextualize your thought process about selecting a target market based on your mission. e.g. based on the mission, the best decision may be to focus on market A for now and focus on Market B later. Also focusing on Market A now, does not mean that you exclude market b: it means that your efforts are going towards A. So if someone from Market B says "Hey I need you to work with me and I will write you a check right now for $20,000", please promise me that you will not chase that person away :-)
Post 485 • IP   flag post
Indrani private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belew
@Indrani

How is it that you are content marketer without a blog?

What is the primary type of content you create?

Hi,

Writing a host of things for my clients from blogs, whitepapers, to interviews, articles, case studies and presentations for my clients keep me way too busy to write my own stuff. Have been planning to launch my blog and will do that soon.
Post 486 • IP   flag post
eddievelez private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Jed,

Welcome! Here is a very short eBook to help you setup your online marketing infrastructure. I hope you find it helpful.

http://eddievelez.net/wp-content/uploads/Social-Media-Marketing-Are-You-Part-of-the-Conversation.pdf

Also, if you peruse my blog, you will find a wealth of information to guide you. If you need help, reach out to me.

Eddie Velez
www.eddievelez.net
Post 487 • IP   flag post
Kainduk private msg quote post Address this user
Hi I em a 31 gifts consultant my Web site Mythirtyone.com/SherrysSquad has a lote of great product helping women become leaders, by helping others orgniza there home selling great bags. I em new in the business. So any tips will help myself get noticed would be greatly appreciated. Thanks sherry parrish
clickable text
Post 488 • IP   flag post
rebecaeigen private msg quote post Address this user
Hi! I am Rebeca Eigen and I am a web and graphic designer who has to learn this "social media", "content marketing" stuff before I go out of business! I can design and have for 33 years but definitely need a lot of help when it comes to the rest! My web site is espritwebgraphicdesigner.com.
Post 489 • IP   flag post
@rebecaeigen

Welcome.

What makes you think you need to learn this social media stuff and learn it now?
Post 490 • IP   flag post
I am behind the times and do not even know how to use instagram! I have been a graphic designer for many years and the designers now making a living are well versed in SM and SEO which I am not.
Re
Post 491 • IP   flag post
@rebecaeigen

Do you have a blog at your site? I visited butyl couldn't see it very well. THE site is not responsive.
Post 492 • IP   flag post
What site is not responsive? I have two sites. One for my graphic design business: http://www.espritwebgraphicdesigner.com and/or espritcommunications.net both point to my graphic design web site and I am also a professional astrologer: shadowdance.com. And only my shadowdance.com site has a blog.
Post 493 • IP   flag post
justinrunes private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,

My name is Justin and I'm the owner of a digital design and development studio. I also consult in my spare time to run media and marketing campaigns for various companies in the Bay Area.

I'm currently working with the owners of www.evolutionsportsexpo.com , but I'm having a difficult time creating content for the average visitor who won't be competing in any of the sports. What are your thoughts about delivering content to reach parents and kids who would enjoy coming to an event like this in March?
Post 494 • IP   flag post
@rebecaeigen I agree with Bill. Do you have existing clients you can serve by offering SEO and/or SEM?
Post 495 • IP   flag post
Hi Justin,

Delivering content for stakeholders (support community) is crucial for success. Ask yourself...

"If my child or good friend were going to compete,what would attract me to the event?" Also, for those who have no one competing...

"What would make me go to a non-professional sporting event? What would I gain?"

Then chose imagery that depicts the value with impact - no bland vanilla images.

Finally, by value, I don't mean what most people think of... value-added stuff. By value, I mean, what is the selfish aspect of attending for your audience?

For example, Crest hit a home run and overtook Pepsodent, who was the #1 toothpaste, because the "value" had changed. Pepsodent pushed vanity as the "value."

Crest learned that the value had changed to Moms wanting to be seen a good moms, so that when the mother-in-law and or anyone visited and used the bathroom, since fluoride toothpaste was new, they would think... "She's a good mom, she really cares."

So they created imagery with little Johnny, painted by Norman Rockwell, with the headline being, "Good Mom's Choose Crest!" They became #1 for 50 years.

Hope this helps!

Eddie
Post 496 • IP   flag post
@eddievelez great advice! Thanks!
Post 497 • IP   flag post
My pleasure!
Post 498 • IP   flag post
You're welcome @justinrunes!
Post 499 • IP   flag post
@justinrunes

I see that there are 20 categories.

How abt writing abt past champions in each category ... male and female x X number of years.

That can be 40 articles X the number of years.

How abt a series on "Where are they now?"

Or back story on current participants?

How about writing up competing events of this nature and doing a compare/contrast on why this event is better/worse than that one?

Post 500 • IP   flag post
24975 500 25
destitute