BillBelew.com
Blogging

While I was Messing Around on the Cruise ...1775

Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
Okay...NOT that kind of messing around.
What were you thinking?

I am thinking of hanging out in the mess too much ... okay, not relevant.

The site is now on DoGoodU domain!

We have a Twitter acct - DGUMedia with 5000+ followers.

We are going to start auto tweeting our posts.

All of you who have given us a gmail acct will have access to the master Google Analytics acct until we can figure out how to isolate for each writer. We are getting closer to doing that.

We are still trying to figure out how to isolate AdSense earnings for each of us and we are quite close to a solution for that as well.

In the meantime, I was approached by a very well established competitor to Google AdSense. I worked with these guys when they were first starting off. And now they are reaching back to me since we started this new website.

I will talk to them face to face after I get back May 11th.

In the meantime, content is the name of the game.

I wrote 5 articles while on the cruise ... they should start appearing today.

I wish you all were here to help me take on this buffet. It's killing me trying to eat the whole thing alone. 8-)
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member bdaoust private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew Buffet sounds good - I have 2 articles up and 1 in draft form and another 3 in the works - will try and have at least 10 done by the time you get back
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Member Summerbay private msg quote post Address this user
I'm preparing to speak at a writers' conference tomorrow but after that I can get back to writing.

Take it easy on that buffet if you don't want them to have to roll you off the ship. Have fun anyway!
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Member jimmydont private msg quote post Address this user
I've been out of state, but I will have some articles published by Monday night when I get home. I'll be good to go from then on.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@jimmydont

I have been out of country.

Back home on Wed morning of next week.

I'd like to all rested and raring to go, but will probably have to settle for fat and, well, just fat and immovable.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
I wrote a draft on dogoodu, but I can't figure out how to upload a picture. I keep getting an error message or it just shows a picture of a file folder.

Also, I couldn't get my profile picture on the site. I tried going to the gravitar site, but my password for dogood u does not work on wordpress. ??? Do I need a separate password for wordpress?

What am I doing wrong?
thanks, Jim
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@jimmydont I was also having issues with graphics - it seems the server rejects them and you cannot access them. I pinged Stella and they are looking into it. If you have not already done so, upload them to the media library first then add them to you article.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@bdaoust I was trying to load to the media library first, but that is where it shows a file card instead of my picture. I'll keep working on it. Thanks
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@jimmydont yes that is where I was also having issues - it took many, many tries to get them up - obviously, something needs to be fixed
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@bdaoust I got the first one published. Thanks

I'm still a little confused about the promoting plan. What are we doing to promote? I put it on facebook and twitter.
Do I need to do something else? Also what about links?
I guess I can link to my own stories once I get some more and to others on DogoodU. Haven't done that yet.

What about outside promoting like we were doing?

Sorry, I'm just an old man trying to get by.
Thanks, Jim
Post 10 • IP   flag post
@jimmydont I am not sure about the promotion plan either, I am hoping Bill will give us some guidance when he returns on Wednesday. I thought I heard that we are promoting our page (the author page) and not the individual article, but I could be wrong.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
I am back and reading thru this ... I will answer this shortly.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
29382 12 12
destitute