BillBelew.com
BrainstormingBusiness AdviceContent Creation

Any opinions on Growth Driven Design(GDD)?1780

lunar_ranger private msg quote post Address this user
Definition: Growth Driven Design succeeds in minimizing the risks of traditional web design through a systematic approach that shortens the time to launch by focusing on real impact, and continuous learning and improvement.

I have started working as a Digital Strategist for an Orlando based inbound marketing company called Designzillasthat embraces the inbound marketing methodology in a GDD environment. Most people scratch their head when they hear "GDD", as content marketers have you come across the term?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@lunar_ranger

Seems like there is a name for everything.

I have seen people spend 1000s of dollars on a web site, then come to me and say how do I get people to come.

Then when people come, they realize they don't like their web site design after all.

They retreat and build a site ... then look for people.

Repeat ad nauseum.

Get people coming first, then design the site.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@lunar_ranger

"... a systematic approach that shortens the time to launch by focusing on real impact, and continuous learning and improvement."

Since you're the professional in that field, maybe you can explain to me what those words actually mean. Look, I know the meaning of each word, that's not what I'm getting at. But this is a $64K definition with no actionable meaning that I can see beyond fancy words to say, basically, "Adequate is enough!" and "Don't fix it if it ain't broke!"

I've seen a lot of that these days... People seem to think if it sounds professional it must be professional. What I seldom find, though, is real meat behind the pretty wording.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Continuous testing and development based on user feedback during the "Buyers Journey". While GDD methodology is logical and organized- what should be a simple and easily expressed process, is unnecessary complex on the client education and planning side...seemingly in order to maximize retainers amount and contract length. Simple, actionable, and scalable- should be gospel. The balance always seems to favors the educated and indoctrinated on the agency side.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@lunar_ranger

I have seen my clients/students get results = genuine and meaningful organic interest in 3-5 months on a Black and White default template supplied by WordPress.

Only then did they start to work on the design.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
I believe the interest in GDD (I am wondering if Hubspot has TM'ed the term) is based on the restlessness of certain organizations to settle with "just ok" - it tends also to favor those with the greatest financial resources and willingness/flexibility to experiment with new methods. Not everyone fits that mindset obviously. I wonder how this will shape and evolve as time progresses OR maybe this is a subtle means of Hubspot to increase the app usage of their platform offerings.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
"...greatest financial resources"

I can think of good and useful ways to spend money for people, too.

Ask me! Ask me!
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@Belew

I mean ask me to spend it for them... not ask me what I will do.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
(thumbs up)
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
Sometimes people just look for fancy names for what most of us call "busy work". If we can define it and talk/write about it and keep 10,000 people busy doing it, it must be a career, right?
Post 10 • IP   flag post
27512 10 10
destitute