BillBelew.com
Introduction

Meet other Writers Learning Marketing1799

Member bdaoust private msg quote post Address this user
We are all writers here - tell us about yourself and what you like to write.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
I am Bette Daoust

I have been writing for as long as I can remember. I have written hundreds and hundreds of books, articles, and more...

My latest project is the give-away of one of my books http://bettedaoust.com - go get your copy today.

My goal: To nurture and help one thousand authors achieve success.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
I am a writer by necessity.

I don't consider myself particularly good. But I know how ... especially when it comes to the online platform.

My goal: to make you a hero to your readers.

Thanks for letting me be part of your group @bdaoust.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
New members of my Inner Circle: If you have not done so already, please introduce yourself.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Member mrjnh private msg quote post Address this user
I'm going to copy in here what I wrote in the 'Official Introduce Yourself Thread', as it probably says enough:-

I'm James from the South West in the UK. My wife and I are self employed in a few industries, including Travel & IT.

I haven't done any public speaking for a few years now, but the last time I had, we'd worked in a few countries, including in the U.S & Africa.

I am now aspiring to become a full-time writer, and have had a few articles published on the politics of football (soccer). I am now working on a modern political drama, and was pointed in this direction by Bette Daoust, Ph.D., who I'm indebted to.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@mrjnh Thanks for the intro - we could use some more articles for our site (Http://dogoodu.com) - what would you like to focus on writing? (travel, soccer) - something to appeal to the 50+ crowd is the focus.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Member txartist private msg quote post Address this user
My name is Elizabeth I live in Fort Worth. I am divorced and I live with my two dogs. I was a military wife for over 28 years. So I've traveled the world.I have three grown daughters.
A few years after my divorce I remembered that I liked to write and I was pretty good at it, so I decided to write again. I wrote two books and got them published.The first two are fiction for teens. They are on Amazon. Im working on three more.Im also an artist. I would like to get into blogging and copywriting. Im just not sure how to get started.
Well, thats all I can think of. I look forward to learning a lot in this forum, and making friends.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Member BBest4u private msg quote post Address this user
My name is Bonnie Best, and I met Bette through Rotary years ago.

I've written articles and self-published 4 books. My first book contains about 100 of my Haiku-style poems. I was encouraged by the response to that book and published another volume with about 100 more poems.

My third book is a memoir-style, self help book. I share stories from my own experience, with many questions and practical suggestions on how to create a life of what I call REAL success.

I lived for many years in the San Francisco Bay Area. I moved to Sedona, Arizona in January of this year.

I love to write. I love to read. I'd love to earn money writing and helping people. I fit in the 50+ group, one of the early baby boomers.

My focus is spiritual and personal growth, transformation, effective communication, improved relationships, and using the many technological tools we have available today.

I look forward to learning and supporting the members of this forum.

Thanks for inviting me to join @bdaoust.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Member jimdonovan private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,

I'm Jim Donovan, author, speaker and coach. Bette @bdaoust, thank you for the invitation.

I started writing about 25 years ago while trying to rebuild my life after hitting s pretty low bottom. I was writing brochure and newsletter copy for mainly small businesses.

One day I wrote a 2 page newsletter, called it "Jim's Jems," mailed it out to friends and uploaded it to Compuserve and AOL. (it was 1992. People liked it.

Somewhere along the way I realized I had the makings of a book and decided to take a chance and publish it. That was "Handbook to a Happier Life" (1996). Knowing nothing about publishing, I started learning quickly and, with the help of a coach and a lot of people who went before me, I managed to sellout eight press runs. In 2003 it was sold to New World Library.

The four books I posted in the image are with two separate publishers - New World Library and Sound Wisdom, both great people.

We also have a few books and booklets in the works under our own imprint and I even got my wife to write a book titled, Makeup, which will be released as soon as I can get her to let go of it

I'm here to learn, network and, above all, help whomever I can. I've learned a lot about book marketing in these last 25 years and am happy to share it.

As challenging as it is today, the book business is still the most fun you can have with your clothes on
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@jimdonovan Welcome! I am truly excited to have you as part of this discussion thread.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
29378 10 10
destitute