BillBelew.com
BloggingBrainstormingContent MarketingIntroductionmarketing

Writer - Brainstormer - Admirer of words1816

Member JennaV private msg quote post Address this user
I have always ended up being the one with the keys to the store (in retail), the go-to-girl (in large corporate settings), the initiator (social settings) and idea generator/editor (writing groups) but I never aspired to or really looked for those leadership roles. I am now writing faith-based romance novellas and romantic suspense and want to soak up knowledge from fellow writers and proven tips from book marketers -- being in the back seat (for once!) and then reaching out to others on a similar path to publishing success.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member tracy private msg quote post Address this user
Whoa! Sounds like you have your plate full! Welcome to the group, @JennaV. These guys know a LOT.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Member bdaoust private msg quote post Address this user
@JennaV welcome!
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Member Clydeart private msg quote post Address this user
@JennaV A hint: My wife says that most faith based romance stories are too predictably saccharine sweet. You need to take lessons from writers like Bodie and Brock Thoene (http://www.thoenebooks.com)who mange romance, history and tittlating suspense without saccharine.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Member Summerbay private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @JennaV. I write faith-based romance and suspense fiction too. I agree with Clydeart about most of the Christian romance fiction that trad publishers are putting out. If you want to try something different, check out my Jill Moss series: Picking up the Pieces, and The Glass Dolphin. I also have some romantic fiction novellas and novelettes in anthologies. Here's the link to my page on Amazon.com: http://amzn.to/1szWDC9

Wendy Dewar Hughes
www.wendydewarhughes.com
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@JennaV

We love wordsmiths here!

Welcome.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@Summerbay @JennaV

I don't write novels, or fiction for that matter.

But everything I do is faith-based.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Member jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
@JennaV - Like you, I've ended up in leadership roles by default. I think it comes from a willingness to step up & simply do what is needed.

Maybe I'm not your target audience but am always glad to give feedback with an editor's eye. Some of my favorites in the romance genre include Nicholas Sparks and more recently movies like About Time.

Besides interviewing indie creatives on their journeys, I love helping others succeed together.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@JennaV

Welcome! Glad to have another writer among us.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
@JennaV Another writer! How cool!
I am an author of children's books. They have been published for six years now.

I'm looking forward to sharing ideas and experiences with you.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Member LewisLinks private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome, @JennaV, glad you are along for the ride. For several years I belonged to American Christian Fiction Writers (acfw.com), and I'd recommend you check them out.

Most such groups have a bias for selling through Christian bookstores -- not a bad thing, but possibly limiting.

My conclusion: write every day, and if your voice is unique and compelling readers will find you. Your faith will find its way in without being forced, and in like manner it will find its way into the hearts of your readers.

And now I will go back to writing non-fiction. (Does that make it the truth?)
Post 11 • IP   flag post
@LewisLinks

"...your readers will find you." = inbound marketing at its best.

Jesus was a master of inbound ... it wasn't long into his ministry that "crowds began to COME to him."
Post 12 • IP   flag post
29623 12 12
destitute