BillBelew.com
AdvertisingSocial MediaTwitter

Twitter: New Ad Format Tested on Twitter1836

Member chrisleffler private msg quote post Address this user
In the news of all things Twitter: a new ad format is being tested--carousel ads in promoted tweets http://buff.ly/25JKvgw? via @MarketingDive

(Which makes me think back to the Mad Men take on the Carousel: http://bit.ly/1PfU9xZ
Can anyone pitch like Don Draper?)

Does anyone here use paid ads on Twitter to promote their brand or blog?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Here is the Twitter Blog post on carousel ads:

https://blog.twitter.com/2016/testing-promoted-tweet-carousel
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@chrisleffler

I have run/managed paid ad campaigns for clients who have requested it however I use no paid advertising for myself. My traffic is all inbound/organic. I have not used Twitter ads at all, neither for myself nor my clients. It will be another thing to brush up on but I'm not overly excited by it.

In my experience, if you choose either paid ads or organic methods, at about the six month point results are about the same except the expense side of the ledger. Paid ads sometimes seem useful to jump-start a program however I suspect that is as much psychological as it is factual.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Member globalman22 private msg quote post Address this user
It is a constantly evolving target... And as the attention span of the average viewer continues to diminish, anyone that wants to connect with an audience should be working to find an efficient vehicle for their message.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Member globalman22 private msg quote post Address this user
@chrisleffler Thank you for this topic! I now know enough about what a carousel ad is to realize that I should learn a bit more.

Here is a quote from the article you linked to:

"Carousel ads have worked because of their dynamic quality, which is more attention grabbing than simple static images. In fact, users are 10 times more likely to engage with a carousel ad than other ad formats."
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Your welcome, @globalman22. I should have included more information in the original post. Still getting used to the forum and how to best communicate on it!
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
Have you tried the new video feature on Twitter... when posting from a smartphone you can now record video ... not as good as Facebook live... but when one implements something it seems the others jump on board.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Wasn't Twitter's claim to fame forcing you to distill your message into 140 characters? Now it's just another messaging system. When they end up all the same there is no reason to choose any of them.

Post 8 • IP   flag post
@Rev Is it still at 140 characters for tweets although in the next 2-3 months they will remove attachments and URLs from the character count.

So easy to put Twitter down while they are in the news as struggling. The truth remains that it is a powerful way to connect with people all over the world. IMHO.

peace,
Christine
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@chrisleffler

Wasn't putting them down and certainly use them. More so since I've been on Blab. I was just pointing out that there is a tendency for these companies to take on the features and functions of everyone else and thus dilute the mission.

MacDonald's success was a mediocre hamburger that was both affordable and consistent anywhere in the world. Their downfall may well be trying to serve up a menu that suits everyone. Where is Ray Kroc when you need him!?!
Post 10 • IP   flag post
29377 10 10
destitute