BillBelew.com
Analytics

Website Search Data Analytics1839

Steve private msg quote post Address this user
Just curious as to how many people here are using Google Analytics to monitor and record website searches on their own website ... and then using this data to better improve the content on their website?

If you want to read more here is a link to an article on it ... but my question is how many people are doing this?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@Steve

I check Google Analytics a lot for my sites and my clients sites.

In my client training calls I teach them how to analyze using GA.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
But do you monitor the search box on your website ... ie what people are searching for on your own website... using your websites search box and not from Google itself... if that makes sense?

For example... if you go to my website ... and use the search box on the top right of my website ... will Google record and tell you what people are searching for, using WordPress Search.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
@Steve

Uh, no. Not following you.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
WordPress has a search feature... so people can search your website ... yes? Are you recording this data and using it?
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Nope.

I guess my site is more of a platform than marketing tool.

I get organic search but most ppl come directly because it is their destination.

I probably should work harder at gaining search...but who wants to work thst hard?
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Google search brings your target audience.

Internal Website search allows people to search for what they really want... knowing this allows you to create better content that meets exactly the need of your audience and it also allows you to create better products....

Just a thought...
Post 7 • IP   flag post
This is good food for thought.

Most of the ppl who come to my site just want to know who this guy is and what has he done and how can I contact him.

I focus more on search results for the forum. Maybe I should follow your routine to learn what is bringing people here and create more threads on that?
Post 8 • IP   flag post
It's just a numbers thing for me...

I love to look at numbers, work out what is working and do more of that ...

Perhaps I should follow your lead ... lol, just because I do things my way... doesn't mean they are always right.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
I don't generally try to anticipate what ppl want and give them more.

I try to understand what ppl need and give them that.

Henry Ford said, "If I had given ppl more of what they wanted I woukd have built a faster horse."
Post 10 • IP   flag post
I'm just lazy... would rather create what people want... than guess and get it wrong and have to do work to get back on track....

Good news about your book ... I still haven't started mine... but my first module is almost complete....
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew

Ford was first in so many things; the Model T being one of the best selling cars of all time and the F-Series trucks have been the best selling vehicle in the U.S. for more than 20 years. But Henry Ford also said, "Any customer can have a car painted any color that he wants so long as it is black."

It wasn't all that much later that General Motors took the lead in sales and remains today the third largest auto manufacturer in the world. While Ford didn't need bailout money after the crash, they are somewhat down the numbers list.

Innovators are not always leaders. And a faster horse? Interesting idea.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
More Henry Ford -

Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it.

If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
"Those who never make mistakes work for those of us who do." ~Henry Ford

When it comes to website search, there are two primary options:

1 - use the website internal search (if it has one), or

2 - install Google search for the site.

It may seem an obvious choice but there are benefits and limitations to each. Consider your choice carefully.
Post 14 • IP   flag post
26019 14 14
destitute