BillBelew.com
Business Advice

Coaching Clients - What to charge1860

Steve private msg quote post Address this user
What's a fair price to charge for transforming someone from somebody no one knows to someone of influence that hundreds of thousands of people know and respect?

Just curious as to what people think, as its an area I seem to be moving towards.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
Of course, the "obvious" way is to compare that what other coaches and gurus are charging.

But the bottom-line is to ask the question what is it worth to that person.

When I worked with selling businesses, that's what I always advised no matter what "comps" aka comparables and different formulas or data said -

The seller can set the price, but the buyer will tell you what the value is.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Summerbay private msg quote post Address this user
Asking the question, what would it be worth to you if...? is a good place to start.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
The answer depends on how much of your time is required.

How many hours will you be spending with your client on a monthly basis and over how much time.

1 hour weekly? 2 hrs weekly?

2 hrs monthly?

For 6 months? 1 year?

You are not working by the hour but you can predict what to charge by estimating how much of your time is required.

Then multiply your invested time by $150-250/hr. The more cumulative time you will give them the less/hr you can use to estimate your fee.

I have also worked with clients with a combination of my time invested plus results.

If I grow your organic by X amount the client will pay $X.

An hour/week with the client for a year = $7500-12500.

Charging too little and the client is not invested. Too much won't work either.

If I don't know the clients budget I will quote them the high end and tell them to make a counter offer. If it's too low to justify my time I politely refuse.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
feelitfitness private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew

I agree that charging too little they think "well if I fail I didnt invest that much" and on the other hand if they spend alot they may be get stressed or overworked then burn themselves out completely. A good middle is a great way to go for sure.

I have had really good success will my pricing for my services on my website. It is considerably less then other high traffic sites that offer a similar service but still higher then some of the local places in my area.

My question for you is how do we display how reputable our service is when our website traffic is subpar compared to the other high traffic sites with similar services?

Is it just building that customer base to expand your exposure? Posting testimonials or reviews for your services to your site(obviously these can be false claims too)?
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@feelitfitness

I don't think it is about the amount of traffic a site gets ... it's about the quality of the visitors to a site and the conversion of visitor to customer.

My own strategy is to post case studies of actual and ongoing results.

What people, imho, really want to know is what have you done and can you do it for them?

Does this help.

Bill Belew Case Studies
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Absolutely understood.

Quality over quantity.

Visual results. Got it.

Thanks!
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Quality over quantity?

Have you seen these threads?

Quality over quantity? Not so.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@feelitfitness

I am working on a case study now.

The client get 190 visitors from Twitter - 3+ min per visit.

Another 150 visitors via organic search - 1+ min per visit.

200 visitors/email optins to webinars - 30+ mins each.

Yet she can't convert. Why do you think that is?
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@Belew

The visitors from Twitter are staying for a while but not converting, could be either the content is not engaging enough or they are not willing to make a decision right away and forget about it after swiping through Twitter the rest of the day. They are not being strongly convinced to convert. Perhaps a guarantee of some sort could be used to persuade them. Or maybe proof that the product or service is quality.

The organic search to me seems like a good number considering I am getting like 10 a day lol so her content appears to be marketed correctly but they are not staying as long as the Twitter visitors. So again, possibly the content is not engaging enough or the info they were seeking wasnt exactly what they wanted. Could benefit from determining what demographic is being targeted and what demographic NEEDS to be targeted.

Now the 200 visitors/optins is curious. Because that is a big number and the exposure is obviously longer for those. Could the price point be an issue? Perhaps reaching out to a few of the users from the webinar to kind of crowd study a bit, see why they werent willing to pull the trigger.

Overall, Id say check to make sure the content is engaging and convincing enough to convert, check the demographic info of the users coming in vs what is going out, and touch on the price point. Just my opinions there.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
content is engaging enough to convert -

Could be the product is no good. In other words, people are intrigued, but when it comes right down to it, it's not what they want.

Or there is a mismatch - expectations and offering, price and willingness to pay, demographic and coach.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
@Belew

from my experience in sales, price and willingness to pay is always an issue unless they are completely convinced the product will improve their life is some way.

Sometimes a guarantee can assure the customer that it is exactly what they want or else they can get their money back.

Of course with services that is a little trickier with refunds and whatnot but sometimes all they need is that little "push"
Post 12 • IP   flag post
SunilBhaskaran private msg quote post Address this user
Depends on the market and the pain points.
Also.. fundamentally, the rate is up to you.

Mr. Market will inform you in no unclear way if your rate is realistic.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
24928 13 13
destitute