BillBelew.com
Business AdviceCreativity

Does anyone know good traditional publisher?1879

Member jgerk private msg quote post Address this user
Good morning,

Does anyone in our group know of a good and honest traditional publisher. I ask as my third novel will soon be ready to go.
You may ask why I don't go to the previous ones. I will tell.
The first I self published through a vanity press publisher.

The second through a traditional one from the U.S.A. who seems to have disappeared. I have had no royalties since February.

Any help much appreciated.

Have a great week everyone.

Joy.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Member almcdermid private msg quote post Address this user
Not an answer to your question, but I have been very satisfied with Kindle Direct and CreateSpace.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thanks for the reply.Pro tem I'm not 'techy' enough to do that myself.A Grandchild or two could assist there I believe.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@jgerk

I am a partner in a small indie publishing operation called Chapters To Go which looks after the "techy" stuff for those who wish to self-publish through Kindle Direct (digital) and CreateSpace (print on demand). I would be glad to speak with you about this if you like.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Hi Rev,

Thank you very much for the offer. I am still hopeful of finding a Traditional publisher. If I don't succeed I will let you know and perhaps we can do business.

Out of interest what are you're charges for the service?
Post 5 IP   flag post
@jgerk

Our prices are very reasonable. There are several factors we need to discuss to put together a price. What format is you manuscript, do you need editing, do you have a cover design, etc.

I'm in Kansas (US central time) and I am available most afternoons and evenings. Feel free to call me (620-728-1371) any time you would like to get into details.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thanks Rev,I will do just that.The book 'Strawberry Moon' is a murder mystery set in France,it does need to be edited.
Any advice on promotion would be helpful.
I realise that a writer unless famous must do much of their own promo. However does your company help with this at all?

Thanks.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@jgerk

We do. As a boutique operation we can -- and do -- tailor our programs directly to our clients' needs. You pay for what you need, not a cookie-cutter package you don't.

I am out of the office this afternoon but let's talk soon.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
I got this email.

I read your post on LinkedIn.

Depending on the content of your novel, Westbow Publishing is a vanity press, however, if they like your work you might be picked up by Thomas Nelson or Zondervan who they are owned by.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
@jgerk if @Rev says he can do it... I'd go for it... he tends to make things happen
Post 10 IP   flag post
Thanks Steve,I shall take your advice.

Joy
Post 11 IP   flag post
Member almcdermid private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not very techy myself; I hire out the formatting.

Anyway, I read that you need an editor. I once worked for Macmillan as a development editor, and I'm now in the process of setting up an editing service, focusing on development and other "big" problems, rather than line-editing and proofreading (once I'm up and running, I'll bring on someone to do that).

And I'm a mystery writer.

If I can be of any assistance, please let me know.

Al
Post 12 IP   flag post
@Steve

Thank you.
Post 13 IP   flag post
30144 13 13
destitute