BillBelew.com
Business AdviceCreativity

Does anyone know good traditional publisher?1879

jgerk private msg quote post Address this user
Good morning,

Does anyone in our group know of a good and honest traditional publisher. I ask as my third novel will soon be ready to go.
You may ask why I don't go to the previous ones. I will tell.
The first I self published through a vanity press publisher.

The second through a traditional one from the U.S.A. who seems to have disappeared. I have had no royalties since February.

Any help much appreciated.

Have a great week everyone.

Joy.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
almcdermid private msg quote post Address this user
Not an answer to your question, but I have been very satisfied with Kindle Direct and CreateSpace.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Thanks for the reply.Pro tem I'm not 'techy' enough to do that myself.A Grandchild or two could assist there I believe.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@jgerk

I am a partner in a small indie publishing operation called Chapters To Go which looks after the "techy" stuff for those who wish to self-publish through Kindle Direct (digital) and CreateSpace (print on demand). I would be glad to speak with you about this if you like.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Hi Rev,

Thank you very much for the offer. I am still hopeful of finding a Traditional publisher. If I don't succeed I will let you know and perhaps we can do business.

Out of interest what are you're charges for the service?
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@jgerk

Our prices are very reasonable. There are several factors we need to discuss to put together a price. What format is you manuscript, do you need editing, do you have a cover design, etc.

I'm in Kansas (US central time) and I am available most afternoons and evenings. Feel free to call me (620-728-1371) any time you would like to get into details.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Thanks Rev,I will do just that.The book 'Strawberry Moon' is a murder mystery set in France,it does need to be edited.
Any advice on promotion would be helpful.
I realise that a writer unless famous must do much of their own promo. However does your company help with this at all?

Thanks.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@jgerk

We do. As a boutique operation we can -- and do -- tailor our programs directly to our clients' needs. You pay for what you need, not a cookie-cutter package you don't.

I am out of the office this afternoon but let's talk soon.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
I got this email.

I read your post on LinkedIn.

Depending on the content of your novel, Westbow Publishing is a vanity press, however, if they like your work you might be picked up by Thomas Nelson or Zondervan who they are owned by.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
@jgerk if @Rev says he can do it... I'd go for it... he tends to make things happen
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Thanks Steve,I shall take your advice.

Joy
Post 11 • IP   flag post
almcdermid private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not very techy myself; I hire out the formatting.

Anyway, I read that you need an editor. I once worked for Macmillan as a development editor, and I'm now in the process of setting up an editing service, focusing on development and other "big" problems, rather than line-editing and proofreading (once I'm up and running, I'll bring on someone to do that).

And I'm a mystery writer.

If I can be of any assistance, please let me know.

Al
Post 12 • IP   flag post
@Steve

Thank you.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
26857 13 13
destitute