BillBelew.com
Blogging

Blogging Success for travel writer1889

Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure who blogs here... but this guy is making a mint from his efforts and traveling the world to boot.

The million-dollar blogger and his life of total travel

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/06/29/travel/million-dollar-travel-blogger/index.html
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member bdaoust private msg quote post Address this user
@Steve Wow, what a story, love his blog - his focus is incredible. Why can't we all do the same and make the dollars from our blogs?

Thanks for sharing
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Member bdaoust private msg quote post Address this user
@Steve one more comment - he owns over 100 sites and makes good money from each site. His lowest income month has been 12k and so far the highest is 60k - he is still adding to his site tally along with his own blogging - anyone out there ready to push harder and make more?
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
I am skeptical.

He manages 250 sites while on the fly?

I'd like to see for myself.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Member Katie_Ellen private msg quote post Address this user
My daughter's generation, it's v-logging that's the earner. A couple of years ago, she went to Manchester, it's biggest venue, see someone called Tyler Oakley, visiting the UK from the US.

Famous for being, um, famous. Seems like a very nice, fun young man, but what the heck? It was just chat on stage. No skills, not a comedian or a musician, but a cult of 'personality'.

Weird phenomenon. This though, lends itself to sales/commissions from travel companies I imagine? Surely he's got to have them all linked up, or he wouldn't have time to do anything else, not even go to the loo.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Member jewellswriter private msg quote post Address this user
It looks like he outsources. The article states...

"In a move "The 4-Hour Work Week" author Tim Ferriss would be proud of, he outsources a lot of the hard graft so he can work just a few hours each week."

However, it would still take a lot of work to manage or even keep track of that many sites.

Still... if he's making half of what he says he's making, that's pretty darn good.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@jewellswriter

I am skeptical.

He has to have a staff that he manages. He can't do this much by himself.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Member jewellswriter private msg quote post Address this user
I'm skeptical too. I'd like to believe it's true, but there's a lot of work involved with writing and posting one good article with images...and staying out of trouble.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
there's no such thing as easy money ....
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Member FrugalTravelsNepal private msg quote post Address this user
I have a blog about traveling to Nepal and it's taken years to get up to 1,000 hits a month. I know my social media skills are not good.

One thing that has helped is building up my twitter following. Within just a couple months I got up to 5,000 hits in one month.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
@FrugalTravelsNepal

Where can we read your blog?
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Member FrugalTravelsNepal private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belew
@FrugalTravelsNepal

Where can we read your blog?
@Belew @Belew

Sorry, I can't see how to respond to Bill's comment. Here are my blog posts: http://FrugalTravelsNepal.blogspot.com and http://kaygarnayfornepal.blogspot.com

Thanks for asking. I appreciate it.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
28723 12 12
destitute