BillBelew.com
BloggingBrainstormingCareer AdviceContent CreationNetworking

Where to start out online ...1909

Member Jscottyonrocks private msg quote post Address this user
I've got the motivation and desire but lack the knowledge to begin working online. Any ideas? I can't afford to keep failing.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@Jscottyonrocks

That's a loaded question.

What's your end game online?

Let's start the finish line.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
@Jscottyonrocks

Got it. So you want to make money. Nothing wrong with that.

If you don't care abt making money or building a following, it doesn't matter what you do.

If you do want readers, followers, to at some point sell something then it matters.

What is your topic/s of interest?

Do you want to build on your current profession or do something new?
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Nursing isn't really something you could build on. The laws are so structured. I need a new idea! What is it you do?
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@Jscottyonrocks

I started out as a blogger. Over time I figured out how to get traffic to my sites regardless of niche.

Now I have found myself answering the question for others - How did you do that?

I hAve been dragged into consulting more or less.

Fieat things first. You will spend a lot of time with your online idea. It's important that your niche be something you are in love with or very knowledgeable aBt or both.

What's your interests?
Post 5 • IP   flag post
My interests are dogs, particularly rescue dogs, the elderly or end of life people such as hospice, nursing home neglect and abuse (I work for a law firm fighting for the rights of elderly), anything that has to do with repurposed wood projects. I know it's a weird list but hey I might be weird too.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@Jscottyonrocks

@susanday here in the forum makes money writing abt dogs.

I have a client who is now making a killing by rescuing wood and converting them into cutting boards.

Your ideas have merit.

The very first step is to decide what problem you can solve.

And the answer/s for you are ....
Post 7 • IP   flag post
I lost a mother and sister 6 months apart from breast cancer. I could blog about depression, cancer. I'm married to a man who is great, kind, but drinks. Could blog about that. He's more than just a social drinker. Reason number 2 that I MUST make this work.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@Jscottyonrocks

Same question/s. What problem can you solve? And who can you solve it for?
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Good question. I know you can't change the world but I think if I could enlighten people on nursing homes such as skilled care versus assisted living that would help a lot of people. I don't think it would bring in a huge audience. Do you in your experience think people care about that?
Post 10 • IP   flag post
@Jscottyonrocks

You could teach ppl how to care for the elderly close to them when they don't have the means to pay someone else?
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Yes! Yes I could! That's something I know an aweful lot about!
Post 12 • IP   flag post
Ok! I'm already thinking a million things that I'm certain people would not only like to hear but need to know.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
@Jscottyonrocks follow your passion, it's infectious and will help keep you on track when things seem hopeless... just my opinion... i dont think there is a right or wrong answer...
Post 14 • IP   flag post
@Steve thanks. I do value your opinion!
Post 15 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@Jscottyonrocks

You live in an amazing area with so much to write about both in your professional experience and all around you. The history, the geology, the tourism, the lakes, the interaction between two countries... there is no end to material.

There is no better time to get started writing than now -- even if what you write isn't what you will eventually focus on. The key is to both get started NOW and to get started RIGHT. The now part is easy. The right bit comes with lots of opinions.

I'd like to help you sort through all this and get started right. If you have the time and are interested, let's get together for a half hour or so and chat.
Post 16 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
@Jscottyonrocks Great to meet a fellow dog rescuer.

What about looking at private nursing as a long term goal? I like @Belew 's suggestions. There are a lot of people who need support caring for elderly relatives.
Post 17 • IP   flag post
@Rev thank you. I would love to chat with you!
Post 18 • IP   flag post
@SusanDay thank you! Great to meet you too! I love dogs but rescue pit bulls primarily. Nursing is a great field with a ton of information. It's very subjective. As much as I love it, it may not capture enough of an audience.
Post 19 • IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
@Jscottyonrocks if I were you I would put together a SWOT analysis of you... that is your Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats... once you know we're you stand... you can then prepare one for each idea that you have so that you can judge them all.
Post 20 • IP   flag post
@Steve thanks for that input. I'll try doing that. It's the next step I may need help with. There are so many sites out there to start blogging it's very overwhelming.
Post 21 • IP   flag post
@Jscottyonrocks

Buy a domain name, hosting and start st your own site.
Post 22 • IP   flag post
Member Seniorpreneur private msg quote post Address this user
@Jscottyonrocks/ I found my calling as a seniorpreneur (senior entrepreneur) at the age of 65 where I probably spend 90% of my time online. You seemed to be focussed in on health care & wellness for the aging people. If this is your passion I would start here and do some research to pin point an area(s)where you would be most helpful. You mentioned skilled care & assisted living. Find out what is going on in these areas today and if you have the time go to some senior centers to see what is really happening and what really needs to be done. Good Luck!
Post 23 • IP   flag post
29725 23 23
destitute