BillBelew.com
Brainstorming

#makeapitch- Show us what you got.1916

Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
Let's try something.

It's Wednesday already somewhere. Wednesday is #makeapitch day.

That's right. Tell the group what you got, what you have to offer.

Don't sell your house. Sell us a room in your house.

Add a link if you think you can pry ppk away. You're better off telling us here how you can change our lives.

Seriously. ..#makeapitch. Today you have permission.

Looking forward to seeing what the grouphas to offer.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
Sure thing - my light bulb moment came recently, when I realized how video has become the way to make your content stand out.

But content marketers / bloggers get intimidated with the tech and / or being in front of the camera.

Here's where I'm walking the talk..

Sign up to attend the live workshop (and when I say workshop, it's not a pitch for a product - we are actually working on your video together!)
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
@jycmba Sounds great I'm gonna sign up
Post 3 • IP   flag post
I have been working on my content writing site. I'm learning how to create a sales funnel which I hope is a little bit slicker than the funnel we use to pour petrol into the generation coz I always spill the icky stuff on my foot.

Anyway,
I went to a few sales-ee sites and looked at how they put together their sales funnel pages / pitches.

I have been creating "pain point" text boxes. Adding cute little graphics that say important stuff like "30 day money back guarantee" and other interesting stuff.

I want to offer good quality content which is affordable. I want to help small businesses get a foothold online and stay there. I want to see small businesses be a great success by attracting customers with quality, compelling blog articles written by moi.

It's all a bit clumsy and there are things I am going to change, but this is what I have so far...

Get Online Fast

Post 4 • IP   flag post
Member bdaoust private msg quote post Address this user
I have been working on my new book called "the Wiserpreneurs" but in the meantime, I am giving away my last book "Networking for FUN & Profit on my site http://BetteDaoust.com.

My biggest project is a membership site for authors and writers - helping them promote their books. A discussion and advice column so to speak. I am still looking for Beta Testers http://theauthorscafe.com

Post 5 • IP   flag post
@bdaoust - what are you looking for the beta testers to do?
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@jycmba I am looking for writers to test our training modules and give feedback - the group has a system for finding the right audience for the testing - interested?
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@bdaoust

I tried to complete the process on my cell and couldn't get past steP 9. A pop up or smth was in the way.

I was on my cell at the time.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@Belew - sent your comments on to the team - thanks for the comment
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@bdaoust - sure, I'd be glad to take a look.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
@bdaoust I'm very interested in promoting my books. Is it for non fiction only?
Post 11 • IP   flag post
@SusanDay - all writers
Post 12 • IP   flag post
@bdaoust Great! Thank you!
Post 13 • IP   flag post
@bdaoust I applied online. Will it take long to find out if I was accepted?
Post 14 • IP   flag post
@SusanDay

I couldn't apply online via my cell.

Maybe I need to get to my laptop.
Post 15 • IP   flag post
@Belew I got in on the desktop -
Post 16 • IP   flag post
Member Seniorpreneur private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew What have you got? This is a great question because most people trying out the entrepreneurship field don't have much to show. To date I have created a solitary non-fiction business self-help book. www.amazon.com/Encore-Seniors-50-Entrepreneurs/dp/1493793608
Post 17 • IP   flag post
@Seniorpreneur

How did you do the research for your book?
Post 18 • IP   flag post
@Belew Very little is known about the entrepreneurial potential of individuals in the Third Age (50-75 years old). Why? Because most research is devoted to understanding and promoting entrepreneurship in younger age groups. I started with the research paper titled "Understanding the Grey Entrepreneur" by Paul Weber and Michael Schaper (2004) Then, I incorporated as many research studies I could find on Senior Entrepreneurship that were available to me during the writing of this book.

Then, I tied in these different research studies to the life of the well-know Seniorpreneur the famous (KFC) Harland Colonel Sanders.
Post 19 • IP   flag post
@Seniorpreneur - do you run any Facebook ads to the 1.5 million AARP fans? Seems like an ideal segment to start targeting video content.

I'm seeing over 90k views on their short videos.
Post 20 • IP   flag post
@SusanDay the team will be putting together the list in a week or two I have say in the decision so no worries
Post 21 • IP   flag post
@jycmba Hi! I haven't tried Facebook or any other Ads yet. I'm a member of both AARP (USA) & CARP (Canada) and I'm familiar what is happening re:senior entrepreneurship in North America. The USA led by AARP & SBA (Small Business Administration) are working together to help the 50+ demographic learn about senior entrepreneurship. Canada is lagging behind most of the Countries when it comes to providing business support groups for the 50+ group. The U.K. also has the Enterprise Nation idea that is helping the 50+ entrepreneurs over there.
Post 22 • IP   flag post
29398 22 22
destitute