Inspiration

Getting a late start on success...1926

Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@Clydeart

What rant? Keep it coming. ....
Post 26 • IP   flag post
tmartinback private msg quote post Address this user
Clydeart,
You must have been part of the wealthy people we heard about when I was young, (wink, wink, nod, nod) we didn't have TV until the early 60's. You ain't much older than me... I enlisted in the Army in 71 and my last hurrah was Operation Desert Storm. Keep ranting brother
Post 27 • IP   flag post
Clydeart private msg quote post Address this user
@tmartinback Not "rich". My dad was a radio announcer (rural station WFVA) at the time who was looking to secure his future with acquired knowledge. Radio Shack had a closeout on DIY TV kits which weren't selling well and he and his employer were able to get the kits at a steep discount in exchange for some radio advertising spots.

@belew
Hmmm ... maybe my rants would make good blog or other posts for drawing attention to my Etsy site. (?)Kinda quirky but maybe cool?
Post 28 • IP   flag post
jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
@Clydeart - authenticity is the "new black."

Post 29 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@Clydeart

"... maybe my rants would make good blog or other posts for drawing attention to my Etsy site."

There ya go!
Post 30 • IP   flag post

@Clydeart

But are the people who might read your rants the kind of ppl you want at your store?
Post 31 • IP   flag post
"Alfred Hitchcock made his three most popular films three decades into his career, at ages fifty-nine (Vertigo), sixty (North by Northwest), and sixty-one (Psycho)."
Post 32 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew

Alfred Hitchcock also appeared in most of his own films. How he accomplished that (from shadow, to photograph, to newspaper ad, to man who missed the bus) is a testament to his brilliance.
Post 33 • IP   flag post
I appear in most of my content. Does that make me brilliant @rev? 8-)
Post 34 • IP   flag post
Clydeart private msg quote post Address this user
My "ranting" would be more like historic anecdotes that describe history as sen through the eyes of my grandparents and parents, aunts, uncles etc. tied to growing up and "coming of age" in the 40's and 50's, then my flash through the hippy period, takes on architecture and art through the late 1990's. Hopefully my target audience would be the millennials who have little knowledge of those times, but who might be enticed by catchy headlines to read. Items like barnstorming flyers renting a fallow farm field along a road and putting on a show while the 10 kids of the farmer get to fly with the barnstorming pilots free. Wing walkers and the like. Perhaps a bit from grandfathers youth about John Philip Souza's band coming to town and playing on the village green.
Post 35 • IP   flag post
jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
@Clydeart - y, what's old is what's new again..

If you go into hipster store, Urban Outfitters, you'll actually see record players and vinyl showcased next to iPhone cases and laptop bags instead of discounted on eBay as junk..

Similarly, there are musicians like the Black Keys who have made a name for themselves by rebooting 70's style music.

While "those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it," maybe those who take a cue from it can avoid reinventing the wheel and refine what's worked!
Post 36 • IP   flag post
@Clydeart

30-smths are saying more and more to the 60-smths.

"Would you plz say that again? I wasn't paying attention earlier. I am ready to listen now."
Post 37 • IP   flag post
24938 37 12
destitute