BillBelew.com
FacebookProductivitySocial Media

All Video Content for Facebook?1927

Member bdaoust private msg quote post Address this user
@jycmba I just came across a really interesting article on Facebook regarding video

This is truly the future, I know I struggle with putting them together for my own articles, how does everyone else stand?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@bdaoust

There are so many tools that make video easy today. Zoom is the best I've found for working with others and for doing solo videos.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Member jgerk private msg quote post Address this user
Hello, I had a video made of my voice for the voice over work. I think to have it done professionally is the way to go.
It has made a big difference to the amount of work coming in.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Member jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
Absolutely @bdaoust - this isn't a fad. It's a trend.

Although people have been talking video for sometime, what makes it a trend is that the technology and people's behavior are finally catching up.

Up to now download speeds were just too slow, and most viewers didn't have the patience. Plus, there were many more steps needed for creators, so the barriers were TOO high.

Now there really is little to no excuse NOT to create videos.

Recently, I've been playing with the Adobe Spark app - basically, I can create videos all day long with short scripts, and then upload them - all within MINUTES.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
p.s. @bdaoust - for some reason I'm not able to access the link to your article? Anyone else having this problem?
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@jycmba @bdaoust

Yep. Same problem here. The link takes me to my G+ console. Bette, you may have been logged in and provided your own link to the post. Is there are share link offered?
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@Rev Here it is again -
Facebook Will Be All Video In 5 Years: Here Are 4 Figures to Prove It
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
Very interesting ...
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@jycmba I have been looking at a new project, researching how and what to sell on Facebook. I think a short video might be an interesting approach.

I haven't ordered the products in bulk yet, but do you have any ideas about the length of the videos etc? Can they be linked to a webpage / store?

I'd like something like the one you did for me before but a little more heart wrenching. You'll know why when you see the products.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@SusanDay - it should "as simple as possible, but not simpler" like the Einstein quote.

Generally speaking, people will watch 30 sec to 2 min if it's a trailer; 3 to 5 minutes if it's a short story; 5+ if you've really hooked them.

In the first 2-3 seconds you've got to grab their attention and help them decide whether they're interested in the next 6-10 seconds..

Then, in these precious few you've told them whether you're going to entertain, educate or inspire. The rest of the time is about delivering on that promise.

For Facebook I would say that the goal of your story or message should send them to a sales page where the real selling happens, or a email signup where you sell over time. PERIOD
Post 10 • IP   flag post
I agree with @jycmba's numbers. Training videos 3 to 10 minutes. Break training sessions into small bites for best results.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
@jycmba @Rev Good point. I know I start to get 'restless' when I watch a video that goes for more than 2 mins.

What I have planned should only need 30 secs or 1 min I imagine. Might be worth trialing.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
28675 12 12
destitute