BillBelew.com
Business Advice

Sad abt losing something I never had1932

Belew private msg quote post Address this user
It's kind of like having a really really really good deal... and getting equally excited. ... only to see it evaporate for some completely unforseen external reason.

Have you ever been really saddened abt losing a deal you never really had in the 1st place?

Hiw did you recover?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
bdaoust private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew Absolutely, I sort of had a contract with a large firm, they would buy bits and pieces from me (and others I would guess. Then it was time for them to put up the jobs into a contract.

I did not get that contract, but still got some bits and pieces, although fewer and fewer. Saddened because I kind of wanted the contract but kind of did not.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Katie_Ellen private msg quote post Address this user
An agent tried to sell a short story I wrote to a TV company in the market for a story to turn into a TV Drama. They sat on it a good long while but didn't take it, and I wasn't sad as I didn't see it happening, but it would have been fun.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
wanda private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, I had submitted my children's book, The Lilac Princess, to a publishing house. I received a letter stating they liked it but wanted me to answer some questions in the story. They said they would be happy to read future revisions. I re-wrote it and re-submitted it, but never heard back from them.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@wanda

Bummer.

Did you submit the story elsewhere?
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
I have had my share of deals like that but I've learned not to feel sad about them. The excitement of the pending deal builds up my confidence so that when the deal fades I move on to the next thing ready to move forward. Stay the course, even if they other person doesn't.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
Hollywood is known as the "boulevard of broken dreams" - it's where so many hopes get raised only to get dashed as dramatically as a Michael Bay summer blockbuster.

But still they keep coming - with their scripts and head shots.. for one more audition or pitch meeting.. hoping and praying for that break.. swearing and cursing under their breath "never again!" Yet, if they give up, others will gladly step up for their shot..
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@jycmba

Thanks for this perspective. Perhaps it's just what I needed.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@Belew - you might appreciate this talk with Liz Gilbert (except maybe the explicit language)

This starts where she and Marie Forleo talk about an excerpt from her recent book, Big Magic, that finding your true purpose is choosing which flavor of sh&# sandwich you're really in for..
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@jycmba

Thx! 47 mins...and I need to get my earplugs out.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
lol @Belew minutes 13:11 to 22:00 have the essence of what you might find worthwhile.

But the rest of the interview is golden as well!
Post 11 • IP   flag post
26857 11 11
destitute