BillBelew.com
Social Media

Webinar Thurs at 7 pm PDT1938

Belew private msg quote post Address this user
Lewis and I, mostly Lewis will give an update on where things are and where we are headed with DGU.

Plz try to be there.

Link will be sent later.

If you know of other intersted writer wannabes. They are invited to listen in.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
globalman22 private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you for the invite... DGU is a good thing!
Post 2 • IP   flag post
jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
I'll see if I can make it.

One of the thoughts I had was that beyond helping baby boomers there's the idea behind this video -

..where seniors can lead the way to show how to focus on positive news like the name DoGoodU!
Post 3 • IP   flag post
LewisLinks private msg quote post Address this user
@jycmba You've hit the nail squarely on the head. We want to be part of the solution. Not just doing good, but focusing on those who do good and teaching people how to do good.

Good stuff!
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@LewisLinks - absolutely, and there's a stereotype that today's youth are this, or that.. well, they've always been this, or that!

All people need are the tools to do better and to be shown the way to use them.

One of the key lessons I've learned from Hollywood is "don't tell 'em - SHOW 'EM!"
Post 5 • IP   flag post
SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
I'll be there
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Here's the webinar link.

Thu 7/21 at 7 pm PDT

Link to join Webinar: https://zoom.us/j/224140893
Post 7 • IP   flag post
In case, there is any doubt with "good" news grabbing attention -

story of cookout with protesters and local police
got over 7 million views and over 160k shares
Post 8 • IP   flag post
One last one before tonight..

Here's another story that goes against the grain -

With most of the stories about people doing stupid things in the Pokemon Go craze, here's what one lady had to say..

"I just feel the need to share, I am a grandmother and I am disabled. I stay in my house with my dogs most of the time due to pain from fibromyalgia. I started playing the game 2 days ago. It has gotten me out of the house and enjoying the outdoors. I cannot physically do much (hatch eggs) but I love to sit in the shade at a poke stop and use a lure. (My little Pokemon party) I watch families, young adults, and children just enjoying each other's company and getting excited when they find a Pokemon they've been searching for in the area. Strangers laughing and talking, it's nice to see. This is all positive in my life. No more negative talk people. It's fun! This is my little story. Thanks for reading."

No, this kind of story is not going to make the typical news. But that's how we can do things *different* (sic).
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Update on our non-profit status.

Visions of creating a new ideology - DoGoodism.

Prospects of a full-time COO.

Post 10 • IP   flag post
bdaoust private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew - sorry I missed the call - was not available all day, did not even boot up my computer
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Summerbay private msg quote post Address this user
@ Belew
Sorry I missed it too. I'll watch the video.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
Summerbay private msg quote post Address this user
@LewisLinks

I like that you have created a system of vetting writers coming in so that the quality stays high. I think that is vital to the integrity of the site and our purpose.

Glad to hear that there are things happening in the background. I've been away on holiday and then to a family wedding so have just been catching up since Wednesday. I plan to get back to posting next week.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
Thanks, @Summerbay! Hope your holiday and the wedding were both excellent. 'Tis the season.

Things are indeed happening. Although I know all of us (especially Bill) would like for them to happen faster, we will get to the finish line.

Looking forward to your new posts!
Post 14 • IP   flag post
@Belew @LewisLinks @globalman22 - if you don't mind, I'm going to take excerpts from the talk for a LinkedIn article that will feature why we need DoGoodU next week.

Here's the rough draft..

https://goo.gl/I0vrxf
Post 15 • IP   flag post
@jycmba

Thx John!
Post 16 • IP   flag post
SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
I follow Kindness Wellspring. They have a community action page.

They are looking for suggestions. Might it be worthwhile adding DGU?
Post 17 • IP   flag post
@SusanDay

Yes, plz!
Post 18 • IP   flag post
Took an excerpt with @LewisLinks sharing his thoughts on DoGoodU - here's the published article..

End of the World As We Know It
Post 19 • IP   flag post
globalman22 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @jycmba, What a terrific story, and nice video editing also! I am glad to see you doing your part to spread the word about that radical new ideology that will soon be sweeping the globe... DoGoodism!
Post 20 • IP   flag post
Thanks, @jycmba! An excellent article, though I'm not so sure about that fellow in the video.

Your piece inspired me, and I hope it has the same impact on other. We are indeed going to start a "do good" grassroots revolution. And boy does the world need it!
Post 21 • IP   flag post
Rather than starting from scratch, would anyone object to leveraging Joel Comm's efforts with using hashtag #DoGoodStuff?

Also, I'd propose we start a Facebook page as soon as possible to share posts like this.. urban farmer in New Orleans

..along with the others mentioned and DoGoodU content, of course.
Post 22 • IP   flag post
bdaoust private msg quote post Address this user
@jycmba I like the hashtag - the facebook page is also a good idea - I am in.
Post 23 • IP   flag post
25136 23 23
destitute