BillBelew.com
Content MarketingNewsSocial Media

Marketing lies to get the results you desire1945

Member jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
..the News?

Here's a telling image -

Did you know that violent crime is at an all-time low?

You wouldn't think so with the way it's portrayed in the media.

Maybe that's why we broadcast news of policeman attacking innocent individuals.

But what about where law enforcement got together with protesters and.. had a barbecue?

Sure, this got some views. But I guess it's not as sensational - I mean, come on. People getting along? That's not news.. or is it?

Recently, @Lewislinks spoke about his vision to a small group of us.

I wrote a bit more about how the world is ending, as we know it.. or at least we hope so!
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member newomr private msg quote post Address this user
Deleted
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Member feelitfitness private msg quote post Address this user
@jycmba

There is obviously some agenda or some group within our society that is profiting off of all this hate portrayed in the media.

Like you pointed out, it's at an all time low.
But what isnt? People and their use of social media. People who voice their opinions everywhere, mostly negative one's at that.
You tell 1 person about 1000 people getting killed, it's a tragedy. You tell 1 billion social media users about 1 person getting profiled and shot....the entire country loses their minds, including law enforcement. We are molded by what we read or see daily...sounds to me like alot of these people dont have their heads in the right book.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
These stats are up thru 2010.

After that the numbers started going up again...due to reigning in police.

When police are proactive, despite some mistakes, crime is way down. When. Police have theor hands tied, crime rises.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
How to fix the world, NYPD style.

Post 5 • IP   flag post
Member almcdermid private msg quote post Address this user
When police are proactive, civil rights are typically violated. Particularly if one is not white.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@almcdermid

I have always been white but I have seen my non-white brothers treated unfairly. I am sorry for that.

I have lived in foreign countries and been the minority. I live in the US now and am in the minority where I live.

I would rather deal with some injustices if it means much lower crime.

Though I am also wondering what any of this has to do with marketing.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@almcdermid

Is it because America is racist and the police follow suit?

Post 8 • IP   flag post
Member feelitfitness private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew The reason we have an issue in America is not because of the many different races we have that make up our country. It is the country itself.

Check out this video:

We fix the issues in our country that cause people to live such stressful lives, we fix the racial profiling and violent crimes.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@feelitfitness - so true about how things are amplified. Yet, we handle "news" with less care / deliberateness, as I share in my LinkedIn article.

@Belew - economists would argue that legalizing abortion, not better policing led to the drop in crime -

Post 10 • IP   flag post
@feelitfitness

Hollywood.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
@jycmba If you lay 10 economists end to end they still won't reach a conclusion.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
Member Seniorpreneur private msg quote post Address this user
@jycmba It would be interesting to see your USA Crime Chart after the year 2009 when there is a completely different cultural and ethenic eco-system. I would imagine that there would be some cities where the crime rate has gone up significantly.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
@Seniorpreneur - data always lags behind trends. Yet, if I were a betting man..

y, I'm sure there are always exceptions. Like real estate, not all neighborhoods are alike - as non-PC as it is to say this.

As I've talked about before, we shouldn't be blind to individual cases.

Like the starfish story, what does it matter if we save one starfish?

Well.. #blacklivesmatter #alllivesmatter - y, each life matters! Everyone is someone's parent, sibling, child, relative, friend, co-worker..
Post 14 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
Sometimes it takes Hollywood to make the point; to tell the truth. Especially when it is hard.

Platitudes and cutesy sayings don't cut it. It seems to me that is one of the problems. Are we meant to be satisfied distilling conversation down to emojis, acronyms, and 140 character sound bites, instead of finding real engagement.

And, lately, especially in the political arena, facts don't seem to matter much either. Hate speech, personal attacks, and down-right lies seem to replace honest political discourse. We can disagree on policy -- we should, in fact -- but not always make it personal. And we all need to learn our craft -- understand what is factual, and what is not. That's not a matter of, or for, opinion.

Thoughts of "Manchurian Candidate" and "potentially last vote ever" should not be part of a legitimate presidential campaign. Something is seriously wrong here.
Post 15 • IP   flag post
Hollywood? Make a point? Perhaps for some ... but not for me. Too much of an underlying agenda.
Post 16 • IP   flag post
29182 16 16
destitute