BillBelew.com
Business AdviceIntroductionNetworkingNewbieSocial Media

READ FIRST Getting Started Here on the Forum1946

Member jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
I'm hijacking @Belew 's hijack of my original thread.

While some of this repeats that older thread, here are some new thoughts..
(hard to believe it's already been a year! ..maybe I'm getting wiser, as I get older.. NAH!)

As Bill said before, he created this Forum with a simple idea - learn from each other ..and maybe along the way change the world!

So, we all have something to offer, and even the most experienced and knowledgeable should feel at ease to ask questions as the newest newbie.

Let's be honest. Somewhere, someone told us that it's a good idea to create content and blog to get more business.

So, we figured this means we should write about how great our stuff is or how amazing our services are.. Then, we wonder why the phone isn't ringing, we're not getting any likes or views.. nothing..

What's going on?

Where's all this flood of business?

Maybe it's not your looks or your personal hygience.

When in doubt, always ask "how can I add value?"

Let this be your mantra - value before reward.

Here's more advice for success in forums..

So, before you start..

Just take a moment.. read, lurk, respond
Remember, even with this screen in front of you, these are real people somewhere!

And each day new members are joining daily ... just like you!

So, live & learn ... and maybe when you're ready, share what you can.

Welcome! I'm looking forward to what you bring to this world wide conversation!

---- Here again is my original video ----

Hello, Alice -

Welcome to Wonderland!

Here's a short video to show you some of the basics in getting you started on your journey down the rabbit hole -

Post 1 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@jycmba
The forum is much better for having ppl like you involved.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Member jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks @Belew - glad to be a part of this!
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Member changelife private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Member jpb4 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, I'm Jim B. Known as Mr. Sustainabl"ee" Looking forward to networking with all of you and have a great day.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@jpb4

Glad to have you here.

What is it that brought you here?
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Member jpb4 private msg quote post Address this user
I been following you from Meetups. And was hoping to drink from you sage wisdom. I'm a babyboomer doing a startup with my exit strategy making the world a better place with clean, sustainable energy. So really could use some help, Bill. My thinking is to start in the mobile accessories business and build a green audience that really what to make a difference. I like the site, but going camping for the next couple of days. My store is still under construction but here's the link, Bill.

eeshop.us

https://www.facebook.com/thephonee/

My brand is the "ee" "Don't be scared"

Pain point...."Have you ever drop your cell phone?"
Solution......"Phon"ee"

Look forward to hearing from you and have a great day.

JPB4$$$
Mr. Sustainabl"ee"
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Member csaleh private msg quote post Address this user
Glad to join all the diverse, open minded, free thinking folks in here. Looking forward to learn and admire
Thanks for the quick start video @jycmba
Regards
Christopher
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Member Stbenscare private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,
My name is Father Thomas. I love Bill's work and have been looking to reconnect with Bill for years now. Met him though his work when I was in SF 20 years ago. His work helped me then and I am jazzed to learn about all of you and your gigs and marketing ideas.

I am starting an online parish and I have needs for marketing ideas. So here I go.

Love to all,
Fr. Thomas
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@Stbenscare

Welcome! What a terrific idea re: online parish.

I have been experimenting with this idea at Inbound Church .

I am happy to share lessons learned.

Thanks for jumping in.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Member Msedna private msg quote post Address this user
thanks let get things going!!!!!!!
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Member tammysoffices private msg quote post Address this user
@jycmba great intro to the forum! I do not know why I hadn't see this. Of course you make great videos!
Post 12 • IP   flag post
Member AlienneLaval private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, I am Alienne. I am anthropologist. I mostly do "Participant Observation" and "Applied Anthropology" - so Lara Croft type.

More you can find here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/alienne-laval-magistra-phd-75761638

What I do is really hard to explain in few words.

Twitter I use for some kind of content marketing and branded journalism: https://twitter.com/asheraXonline
Post 13 • IP   flag post
@AlienneLaval

Welcome Alienne! What do you hope to learn here?
Post 14 • IP   flag post
Member Kymbola private msg quote post Address this user
Glad to join the group @kymbola
Post 15 • IP   flag post
Member GillesZimmermann private msg quote post Address this user
Hello everybody,

I thought I should have a go at this forum and site (yes, I chose the red pill).

I´m a musician/composer going for the "musicpreneur" strategy (basically do everything alone, not relying on anybody to do everything from writing music to marketing, advertising and sales). Especially as my music making is NOT the mainstream kind relying on copying other´s music genre (I created - I should say: I AM my own). Needless to say, there aren´t that many blogs and site around which promote this kind of music.

I´m looking for original ways to attract people & sales from open-minded people (I call my music "open-minded music" without being to pushy about it, and avoid as much as possible the annoying superlatives that too many people use, which I find tends to consider potential clients as morons. I should probably add that I´m not a very proficient writer, and not very keen on writing 1000s of blogpages...

So that´s why I´m here for, folks! Already grateful for whatever advice I can get here!

My site is www.gilles-zimmermann.com

Gilles
Post 16 • IP   flag post
@GillesZimmermann

It's not juat blogging. (Did I say that?)

You do, however, have to find a medium that you own and will enable you to put out a sufficient volume of content to attract attention to your music.

Your content is either marketing for you or you are marketing your content...or both.

What will be your strategy?
Post 17 • IP   flag post
Member GillesZimmermann private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you for the quick answer!

I´m not sure exactly what you mean with "medium",

but I use Twitter, Facebook, (less Google+ & Linkedin), posting all sorts of article related to my brand (i.e. open-minded musician for open-minded people, my target clientele being people who want originality & something more in music than the obvious mainstream production);

What I post is either music (my own and other with some relation to what I do) or news (mostly non-mainstream),

doing the follow/unfollow work on Twitter to grow (actually much as Steve Cartwright explains in the webinar). Then engage new followers, being as friendly as possible and building up a relationship over time. It works but it´s rather long until there is a conversion (either registering my newsletter or buy my music).

So I´m looking for better ways/ideas to engage new people, get faster conversions & boost existing relationships.

This said, I´m not sure if this post should not be a separate thread on the forum, I have the impression it´s the wrong place but maybe you can tell me where I should go for on the forum ?
Post 18 • IP   flag post
@GillesZimmermann

Agreed ... this warrants its own thread.

You do have a strategy ... that's great.

Medium = social media using ... and you answered that well.

How much of your process is automated? Perhaps that could be the title of the new thread?
Post 19 • IP   flag post
28672 19 19
destitute