BillBelew.com
Networking

Got interest in creating a writer's group?1965

Belew private msg quote post Address this user
I have a fire lit under me to write a book.

I wonder if there are other's here who'd like to swap chapters. ... give and get feedback...
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Summerbay private msg quote post Address this user
That fire is always smouldering under me. I'm currently working on my 14th, 15th, and 16th books,(at least in my head).

My advice is to start writing. Decide whether you need an outline or if you're a shoot from the hip kind of writer. I'm in the process of designing some creative accountability programs to help writers and artist keep creative projects on track.

Stay tuned...
Post 2 • IP   flag post
bdaoust private msg quote post Address this user
Just write, even when you don't feel like it.

What would you book be about @belew?
Post 3 • IP   flag post
@bdaoust

Thanks for asking.

I just finished a book abt a "tiger mom" that handles a difference between Chinese and Wester child rearing.

I've always had in mind to do smth similar ... discussing the differences btw Japan and the US.

I gave a lecture 25 years ago abt this topic and ... I found my notes. Now I have 25 years of perspective cuz I can see how my kids turned out.

Maybe ... this will be my topic.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
bdaoust private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew I think that would a great topic since we live in such a multi-national world and there are so many differences in how to raise children. Living in Vancouver, the Asian population is huge and the mixed couples matches.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@bdaoust

Reading the opinions of mommy bloggers and their time outs for pooping or not ...

There's more to it than that, of course.

I like that I have 25 years of perspective and my notes from that long ago.

I have a rough draft of the 1st chapter ... and, well, the topic is interesting to me, too.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
24991 6 6
destitute