BillBelew.com
Belew SpeaksBusiness Advice

Another media giant goes down - Gawker1970

Belew private msg quote post Address this user
As @jycmba might say, "Oops, happened again."

Gawker goes down.

There archives will live on = they'll make a lot of residual income ... that will presumably NOT be paid to the content creators.

Gawker owned Gizmodo, Jezebel, Lifehacker, the sports site Deadspin which they sold off ... probably to pay legal bills that amounted to pocket change for Peter Thiel.

I have never read Gawker. Probably been to Gizmodo a few times ... but less that 5.

In a country where we are free to say anything some ppl will say anything ... and Gawker is paying the price for that.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
ljsingh private msg quote post Address this user
I think what is concerning is the ability of those in power and with money to be able to shut down a news site by using lawsuits and bankrupting the entity. It means we are all vulnerable, especially when we have a presence on the web. What can we do as professionals to protect ourselves from this?

My goal and thoughts are to be sure that what I am saying is backed up with good data and not just emotional or directed towards anyone.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@ljsingh

Build your own aite.

Do good.

Make money but not at the expense of others.

Rinse and repeat.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
ljsingh private msg quote post Address this user
I agree. Doing good and not making money at the expense of others is a great method to achieve success and be satisfied with what you built.

Post 4 • IP   flag post
26778 4 4
destitute