BillBelew.com
Content CreationHumorInfographicsInspiration

ComicSquare: A good new web to publish comic1973

Member macnamal private msg quote post Address this user
A new website that presents itself as an "Alternative Market of Digital Comics Artists" and an online platform for comics circulation, publishing and promotion, born in Granada (Spain). It's available in three languages: Spanish, English and Catalan.
Spanish version here.
English version
You can visit it the "About Us" here, where to find out more info about this website. here

The comic page is from "Marla Wells: Deudas de Sangre" comic. Artist: Salva Ferrando.

Post 1 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@macnamal

Are you also loo looking for contributors?
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Member tammysoffices private msg quote post Address this user
Great to know @macnamal - another genre my son would love to write for - any suggestions? He is currently writing reviews for a couple of comic book review sites.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Member jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
@macnamal - tomorrow I'm actually interviewing brother-sister team Doug & Natalie about their live action comic.

Don't ask me how I ended up working with them on this!

Post 4 • IP   flag post
Wow, jycmba! This page of comic is incredibly realistic, I think! I love it. Good work, congratulations to the artists! I'm going to research a little bit more about them. Thanks for this interesting feedback!
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Answering to the question of Belew: Yes, of course we are searching for contributors. Specially contributor that write and speak in English. We have among our goals and purposes to reach a higher audience from other countries, not only Spain or Spanish-speaking people/countries. In fact, we have translated the 95% of the website to English, but till now, sadly, we have only a few -not more of ten- contents (comics) written in, or translated to, English.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Dear tammysoffices, why don't you show to your son our website? Maybe we can start some interesting collaborations, because we need not only artists and writers, but blogger -for example- or even journalists or marketers.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Great ideas @macnamal! I will do that. He is a amazing writer! I know I am Mom, but did have multiple teachers tell me this as well when in school.

If paying for marketers, bloggers, etc... let me know, as I run a virtual business services company (that empowers disabled professionals to work) and we provide digital marketing & writing services, as some of our many services. [a little plug there -lol ]

Also agree with you that @jycmbal has great work - also does great videos!
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@tammysoffices

I have a couple of clients coming on board in need of writers.

Can you in mail me so I can learn your rates and other specifics?
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Of course @Belew! Glad to do so.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
@tammysoffices

Plugs are welcome when they are relevant. Not welcome when they leave are solicitations out of the blue.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
@tammysoffices

To clarify...you responded to a need...and that is welcome.

To come in blaring and pitching. ... not so cool.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
For those who missed it here's the actual interview with Doug and Natalie -

I didn't realize that they've been working on this for about THIRTY YEARS! It really is a labor of love that the brother - sister team has self-funded and gotten support from friends and family.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
understood @belew did not mean to offend. Consider my hand slapped and will not do again.
Post 14 • IP   flag post
@tammysoffices

Not at all. Your pitch was tactful and appropriate.

That's not always the case here with others.
Post 15 • IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew agree ... the very worse of networking is the rape and pillage certain people seem to end up doing... you gain more by freely giving to a community rather than simply trying to sell something.

@jycmba talk about thread hijacking ... although by clicking the you-tube logo... I guess the interview wasn't that popular.
Post 16 • IP   flag post
Guess we're not qualified to speak unless we're listed in the top 10 and didn't realize that sharing content is now considered "hijacking.."
Post 17 • IP   flag post
Ahhh - thank you for clarifying that @belew.

I know I really hate posting something and someone just takes and Sells, sells, down your throat. That is why I am always careful even if opportunity seems right.
Post 18 • IP   flag post
Hello, community! Just a small question: my English level is not too much high to understand probable ironies or problems. But reading some posts here I start to think... Have I created some problem with publishing my post?
In this case I'm really sorry, probably I've not understand the real purpose of billbelew web! Sorry, but I'd like to understand better the problem.
It's something about me or ComicSquare?
Thanks!
Post 19 • IP   flag post
No @macnamal - just the fact that you ask this says a lot!
Post 20 • IP   flag post
Absolutely NOT @macnamal! I actually thought I had done something incorrect in commenting myself. When I mentioned to you, if you needed bloggers that you are paying, to feel free to contact me. [I thought I was not allowed to do this, but belew was saying that if it is a natural part of the discussion that it is ok, he does not want 'pushy' and comments not related to the discussion we are in].

I hope that helps a little.
Post 21 • IP   flag post
I had a professional comic artist in Japan offer me some praise for my many Wilby images.

I wonder out loud here, if I were to put voice to my many images ... even in the form of thought bubbles, I wonder if I have another medium.

Has anyone here given voice to their comics ... audio or text? How'd that work out for you?
Post 22 • IP   flag post
29725 22 22
destitute