BillBelew.com
Content MarketingSocial MediaVideo

Why Your Audience Can't Find You1977

Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
@jycmba all i said in this thread was that you never answered the question and then i mentioned click bait... which you used to promote your services.

However as I have been pulled into this... I'll state quite clearly that the there is a place for video...

I'm not talking about video that is shall we say a few images and a voice over... that's boring as hell and to be honest doesn't add anything... you might as well offer the content as audio only as more people will listen to it while driving to work.

Video needs to be engaging, of a good quality and it needs to add something new... this is just the same as any content, if you produce the same old boring rubbish no one will ever watch your video or read your blog post... pitch your content at your audience so that they can't wait for the next piece to be published.
Post 26 • IP   flag post
Member Clydeart private msg quote post Address this user
At allinthisforum I see "videos" as having content that means something to someone. My Dad had an 8mm movie camera (circa 1950's & 60's) and his focus was not just us kids jumping into waves at the beach. He kept trying to tell a story about going to the beach. He was hampered by the primitive editing technology of the day from composing a meaningful video about bees and beekeeping.

After seeing many "home movies" by others I went with Dad's idea. I looked to tell stories with my 35mm photos and slide shows.

It was more meaningful to family and friends when I could show a box of 20 slides and talk about the story behind the slide and why I took it than several carousels of "here we are at the ____ monument". e.g. I took slides on a family vacation to Boston, MA and environs with several ideas or scripts in mind. Several more scripts presented them selves as we toured places like Plymouth Plantation. From that vacation came a couple American History slide shows my wife used as an educator for several years.

I see my paintings, drawings, and other art works as "still moments" that capture a story moment.

It is this kind of thing I am trying to do with my web blogging and social media content. (Although I oft get bogged down in rabbit trails ...)
Post 27 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@all

The simple criteria for when to hit publish whatever the medium -

"Does it add something to the discussion?"

If not don't write/record. Go back and do something else.
Post 28 • IP   flag post
Member jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
No sure why you think of yourself as "pulled into this" @Steve - almost as saying that you don't have a choice. There's always choice, and you've made it clear how you CHOOSE to act.

I'm sorry if what I offer doesn't meet your spec's - I was just trying to offer everyone else an alternative to sharing their content that didn't require expensive budgets or learning some complicated software.

Like I said, not all of us are in the top 10 - I didn't realize that we needed to be "qualified" to offer ideas that have been validated by results. But in case anyone is still interested, here's a "silly little amateurish" video that got over 2000 organic views in a few days -

Post 29 • IP   flag post
@jycmba 2400 views in four almost five months ... hardly a success, in your whole arsenal of videos that is your best ... come on m8 show me something to blow me away...

Here is a link to your you-tube channel am I missing something here ...

I make mistakes daily... show me something to say, hey I made a mistake... John knows his stuff... and it works from a marketing perspective.
Post 30 • IP   flag post

I never claimed to be a "Top 10" expert - I'm learning like the others here. Sorry, if that doesn't meet your high standards. Maybe someday I'll be like you - but I really hope not.

No matter what success I achieve I hope to always root and help to pull others up, rather than drag them down. But that's just me, I guess.
Post 31 • IP   flag post
@jycmba

I like to challenge ideas, thoughts and statements… if someone says this works and I don’t think it does, I’ll say show me, prove it to me and then I’ll admit I was wrong, learn from it and hopefully become better at what I do.

That's all I was trying to do here ...
Post 32 • IP   flag post
For what it's worth, "best restaurants in rancho cucamonga" isn't a highly searched term. I chose this simply as a demo of what's possible with making a video with basic blog content.

Again, sorry if this doesn't meet your high video standards - but apparently over 2400 people thought it was worth a watch. And I've said I'm not an "expert," this is just to show what's possible - but the mind is like a parachute, it only works if it's open.
Post 33 • IP   flag post
@jycmba enjoy your day
Post 34 • IP   flag post
29622 34 9
destitute