BillBelew.com
marketingNewbieTeaching

Do bait and switch tactics work?1979

Member rollerworld private msg quote post Address this user
I had a nervous breakdown in 1988 it took three years to get over this nervous breakdown and reformat my brain rejecting religion and embracing atheism. The nervous breakdown was caused by difficulties in marketing an outstanding Hi-Fi Power Anplifier updated in 2008

During the nervous breakdown recovery period I read neuropsychology - neuroelectronics neurobiology and all I could find in science about the construction/operation of the human brain and support system. I came to the conclusion that the human brain is a computer, an organic biological computer.

In the passing years to date I brainstormed until my head hurt in analyses of principally my brain and kept on reading science and created a book titled The Brain: Natures Own Computer that is an encyclopedia on the workings of the human brain.

The book principally a psychology book created in the simplest prose for children and lay public to read, no psychology jargon explains what love is in simple to read graphs and tables and text for students aged Nine to Eighteen to read/enjoy. It is very informative as to what causes mental illness, and how to avoid mental illness and recover from it.

The book is a free down load PDF file, no sign up,

The book needs professionally editing and I am looking for a person suitably qualified to offer their services free to edit this book, I am without funds to pay for this service.

I joined this forum because I am a hopeless marketeer. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks Anthony johns. Twitter Handle. @AnthmyJohns1
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
@rollerworld why would you feel the need to say you rejected religion?

Just curious as to why you feel the need to mention that...
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Member tammysoffices private msg quote post Address this user
It sounds as if you mention religion because you felt 'brainwashed' by it? Or that is the inference I had from reading it. Is this correct? If so, why?
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Member Seniorpreneur private msg quote post Address this user
@rollerworld Question- Are you looking at mental illness in children or adults or both?
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Member ojay private msg quote post Address this user
@Steve, obviously, he mentioned his rejection of religion because it didn't help him during his difficulties. Since doctors trained by science helped him, and science teaches evolution, which is contrary to what religion teaches, he has automatically rejected religion.

My view is that religion itself isn't enough. Seeking the truth is supreme, because some people who teach religion are deceitful people manipulating others for their own end. On the other hand, his study of the brain, like all real science, should teach someone that there's a Supreme Being behind the creation of life. If a mere toothpick didn't make itself, how can the magnificence of nature and its incredible works be a product of 'chance'? That thinking defies common sense and logic. If 10 + 10 gives 20, 100 + 100 can't give 5.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
Now I'm not the most religious person here.. far from it... but God isn't here to solve our problems, and especially our business problems associated with marketing...

God gave us all, all of the skills and resources we need to solve anything we wish to... all we have to do is use those things her gave us.

Let me tell you a sad story... there is a family here in Perth, with three children... two of them are dying and the third is waiting on test results. You see the family suffers from a rare generic disorder in which they are more likely to have cancer ... two of the children have cancer and one is close to death.

Can you imagine that ... now that is something to perhaps make you question your faith...

As this is a marketing forum... let's put this into perspective ... don;t blame others for your own failings and sometime circumstances are beyond our control and you have to just accept that and move on.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Member tammysoffices private msg quote post Address this user
@Steve that is sad indeed, especially suffering of children. We cannot know 'why' and sometimes even feel guilty for asking God 'why', but He allows us to do so.

In regard to business and other items - yes, sometimes it is through our own doing and sometimes it is just unfortunate circumstances, beyond our control (as you say).

We have all been through trial and testing of our faith (for those who are Believers; if not a Believer I imagine the trials & testing to much more difficult) and although we do not always 'see' why or may never know why until glory; yet we must remember we live in a sinful world, where the 'enemy goes to and fro seeking who he can destroy'. Often remaining strong, believing - even when we cannot see, are the Best things we can do in the circumstance. In the end, the 'testing of our faith produces perseverance and perseverance, character & character produces, hope' (Rom 5:3-4). In the end we all Need hope for what is left without hope...despair? And who wants to live in despair...so we hope...hope for strength to endure...hope for a future...hope for eternal life when all else is over. Lord knows I have had my fair share of trials and each one seems harder/larger sometimes, yet the trials that came before prepared me for enduring the current trial...although it still tests my faith at times. That is when I go back to the Word & prayer and am encouraged to continue.

Ok, so now, I am off of my 'soap box'. I do think psychology is very interesting and very good in helping many (almost became a psychologist myself). Studying the brain and in light of the study of mental illness and how the brain acts in those with mental illness is also very interesting indeed.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Member kahill private msg quote post Address this user
A trigger topic was injected into this headline and cover topic to introduce a baseline subject: another "book" on psychological theory.

The emotionally charged headline / cover is not the topic, yet people react to it in order to "fix" it. Spiritual people want to fix atheists, and atheists want to fix spiritual people. It triggers a response impulse - and there you wind up reading about a non-related psychology book and a plea for free editing.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@kahill

And when you end up reading abt smth you don't care about you get results to match.

I thought people realized a long time ago that bait and switch doesn't work.

Or does bait and switch work?
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Member kahill private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belew
@kahill

I thought people realized a long time ago that bait and switch doesn't work.

Or does bait and switch work?

In this instance, it would depend upon whether or not the book was professionally edited for free.

Generally, bait-and-switch still does work by the numbers - just like Nigerian Scam letters.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@kahill

The reason ppl spam is because it still works.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
29605 11 11
destitute